logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maximus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 12:34:19 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hi, I have tried NDI Bridge on several systems and so far I have found it to be unreliable. The audio drops out every 2 minutes or so for a few seconds and the video drops and the client disconnects randomly.

I compared NDI bridge and SRT using the same source sending to the the remote computer and the SRT was rock solid, not a drop or freeze. The NDI bridge on the other hand had many errors and my experience indicates it is unusable for a production. Has anyone had better luck?

Maxi
Peter1000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 5:02:27 PM(UTC)
Peter1000

Switzerland

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Same here

I would also be happy to hear other experiences with vMix and NDI Bridge. If that would work, that would be a gamechanger!

I have made several attempts with NDI Bridge.
On both systems described below, vMix is running as NDI RX/TX, with Kiloview NDI hardware encoders and decoders running in parallel. No difference if vMix is running with NDI5 or NDI 4.5.

-Cloud machine (RTX4000 GPU).
Runs Super Stable as SRT Bridge with 4x IN-direct to 4xOUT, HEVC, each channel at 16Mbits!
On the same computer NDI Bridge as host, medium Quality, HEVC. The audio immediately becomes asynchronous and the picture is very jerky. The same result with H264, low quality. Unusable.

- Office computer (RTX 4000 GPU)
Ndi Bridge as Host runs slightly better, but regularly , every few seconds, 10 frames are missing on the receiving machine. Unusable as a transmission channel.
Even as a local transcoder, a few frames are missing every few seconds. Medium Quality, H264 , 2 x 1GB NIC, no other network traffic.
Maximus  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 1:47:50 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I was so excited for the possibilities NDI Bridge could offer, hopefully it will improve with time. I will continue to use SRT until Bridge reliability improves.
eandrasi  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:03:14 AM(UTC)
eandrasi

Canada

I've had great experiences with Bridge, but not with vMix and bridge, we're doing some testing around that now. For audio, one of the big changes between NDI 4 and NDI 5 was how it handles audio, make sure you have "NDI 4 Compatibility" checked in the encoder section on both ends. I have been having issues with vMix just straight out crashing the bridge host app, and needing to reboot the computer to get the others to connect again.