logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mollertom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 2:32:43 AM(UTC)
Mollertom

Groups: Registered
Canada

It would be great if either... A) the virtual name had a specific prefix identifying the parent ... PTZ1, PTZ2 instead of all being just PTZ or B) have a separate field giving the parent input's name for each virtual input in the API.

My Use case

I have two ptz cameras with 13 presets each. I use scripts and a streamdeck to select each preset. Currently I check each preset when it is selected to ensure the parent camera is not represented in the Program out so users don't see the camera move... preventing operator error. I have the presets for each camera in a range of inputs so I hardcode this range of numbers representing each camera. I have another program that emulates the playlist functions but adds these same checks so users are not seeing the camera move. Both of these functions are working I just worry about when I leave and someone has to maintain it and I have hard-coded input numbers into the scripts.

It would be great if I just had to check a field for each preset to know if the parent camera was represented in the program out rather than have to check a range of numbers and then those numbers could change if inputs are added.

Tom
Morki  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 9:22:24 PM(UTC)
Morki

Germany

That would be really useful for me, too!
bbbullock  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 10:18:38 AM(UTC)
bbbullock

United States

Plus One! I need this also.