logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
liammcd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 5:34:52 PM(UTC)
liammcd

Groups: Registered
Australia

Hey All,

Me and my team had a weird one come up today. Were all very experienced VMIX users and this should have been a copy paste show HOWEVER we ran into show-ending audio quality issues very unexpectedly. We've been trialing zoom rooms new NDI isolate feature as part of our workflow in an attempt to have isolated audio feeds as opposed to taking isolated video screen captures and a summed audio. We haven't any issues up until this point but today randomly as content started sharing his audio totally crushed down, rendering it totally useless. Has anyone had any experience with the Zoom rooms NDI solution, or alternatively more generally isolated NDI instances where this has occured? I do want to highlight the issue was purely the NDI send to Vmix and not audible in the zoom meeting itself. We didn't get a chance (that i know of, will follow up with team - remote workforce) if we had a chance to monitor the raw feed outside of Vmix. I know there is some obvious ghost processing on the zoom platform but this was unlike anything i've heard on an NDI feed. (3-4 Vmix shows per day for the last 18months for a reference of usage)
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 8:57:43 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We've used Zoom Rooms with isolated audio going to and from vMix for a while without any issues (after figuring out how to do it ;)
When doing this we make sure to send a mix minus Zoom audio back into the meeting.

What does "his audio totally crushed down" mean?

Also, do you mean that you previously have used Room with iso audio many times without issues? Or the "iso screen captures summoned audio" method?
thickrichard  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 1:16:08 PM(UTC)
thickrichard

We demoed it too. We discovered that you couldn't broadcast the NDI from inside of a breakout room so it didn't work in out setup.

Sounds like a bug, if it's taken Zoom this long to figure NDI out it doesn't surprise me to be honest.

MS just announced they are trialing individual audio mixes to go along with their NDI video broadcasts. Right now in their Governmental releases as a preview.