logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TenSob_  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2021 9:50:56 AM(UTC)
TenSob_

Groups: Registered
Man
Czech Republic

Hi, I just watched the newly released demo video of NDI Bridge from the new update of NDI 5 Tools and I was wondering, if anyone has already tried to use the thing as cloud hosted service (on a Windows Virtual Machine) or even just as a service hosted on a dedicated server in data center?

It was the first thing I got on my mind when I learned that the host machine is required to run on a network with static public IP address and even the client machines (in join mode) are interconnected.

I'm not really familiar with the beta version of NDI Bridge and I haven't tried the newly released version yet... I'm really looking forward to what we can achieve with it in the future, since NDI has proven itself as the best solution for video signal distribution in production environment where I work. :)
wanzul69  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 1:06:44 AM(UTC)
wanzul69

Malaysia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is good to have fix IP for WAN connection but if you have public IP just create dynamic dns and set the port forwarding to let the firewall pass through the required port for bridge to be seen outside your network.

The latest NDItools 5 is out of beta. I've tried it with great success. Quality and speed totally depending on your internet bandwidth. At my end the speedtest was 100 download and 50 upload. The hosted bridge on the other end was different isp with 200 download and 100 upload.

I was able to access all of the NDI stream from the other end. The actual distance from my site to the other end is around 260 km yet the latency was just 1 second.
thanks 1 user thanked wanzul69 for this useful post.
TenSob_ on 11/30/2021(UTC)
TenSob_  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2021 6:09:23 AM(UTC)
TenSob_

Man
Czech Republic

Originally Posted by: wanzul69 Go to Quoted Post
It is good to have fix IP for WAN connection but if you have public IP just create dynamic dns and set the port forwarding to let the firewall pass through the required port for bridge to be seen outside your network.

The latest NDItools 5 is out of beta. I've tried it with great success. Quality and speed totally depending on your internet bandwidth. At my end the speedtest was 100 download and 50 upload. The hosted bridge on the other end was different isp with 200 download and 100 upload.

I was able to access all of the NDI stream from the other end. The actual distance from my site to the other end is around 260 km yet the latency was just 1 second.

Sounds great. I haven't yet tested NDI Brdige myself, but I'll definitely let you know when I do...
Thanks!