logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter Berglund  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 8:43:00 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Why not add the possibility to right click on an input and then make it possible to very quick just send that input to External output 2-4 from a menu?

Odd request perhaps as you today can do the "opposite way" and tie an external output to an input through the external output control at the bottom of the screen. But if you have like 80 inputs as I have, it's a long list to scrub through to select the correct input number. And of course you need to know the input number and select just that one. By right clicking on the input you just have to select the output which makes it a lot simpler and quicker.

If that's not something that will be implemented, I kindly request something of the following:
  • Make it possible to use the scroll wheel on the mouse when entering the list of inputs when accessing the External output cog icon. If the number of inputs are many you need to navigate to the very (very) small list arrows with the mouse pointer in the top or bottom of the list to scroll.
  • Another thing that could be useful is to have the name of the inputs rather than the input numbers. Or both for that matter. Or something you select under settings "Display number/names/both". Would make it easier for me anyway to find the input.

Thx!
/Peter
thanks 1 user thanked Peter Berglund for this useful post.
jpetrie on 12/28/2021(UTC)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 8:57:08 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
AM sure one can achieve that with shortcuts "SetOutput..."(combined with scripts for even more)
Peter Berglund  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 9:34:32 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
AM sure one can achieve that with shortcuts "SetOutput..."(combined with scripts for even more)

Of course. But then you have to prepare it in advance. It happens from time to time during live events that you for some reason suddenly need to get an input to a specific output quickly - and I just thought this request was a simple solution.

:)
/Peter
doggy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 9:55:54 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Peter Berglund Go to Quoted Post

Of course. But then you have to prepare it in advance. It happens from time to time during live events that you for some reason suddenly need to get an input to a specific output quickly - and I just thought this request was a simple solution.

/Peter

As always until a request is granted ;-) but one can use dynamicInputs and/or scripting to do quickly what you want to do (one time preparation if one thinks oen is going to need that often) like selecting an input (preview or otherwise) , hit shortcut and perform function

Peter Berglund  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 12:45:40 AM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Man
Sweden

/Peter

As always until a request is granted ;-) but one can use dynamicInputs and/or scripting to do quickly what you want to do (one time preparation if one thinks oen is going to need that often) like selecting an input (preview or otherwise) , hit shortcut and perform function

Yep, that's how I do it today. But still, I think it would be handy for users that don't work with shortcuts (or forget what shortcut does what...).

/Peter
richardgatarski  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2021 1:27:04 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I think it would be handy for users that don't work with shortcuts (or forget what shortcut does what...).
/Peter

Might it be handy to use a combo of a shortcut (e.g. 2 for External2) and specify which Input as "Hover" (scroll upwards in the Input dropdown selection while defining the shortcut). So, in action just hover the mouse over the Input you want in External2 and press "2"!

jpetrie  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 4:25:18 AM(UTC)
jpetrie

Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Make it possible to use the scroll wheel on the mouse when entering the list of inputs when accessing the External output cog icon. If the number of inputs are many you need to navigate to the very (very) small list arrows with the mouse pointer in the top or bottom of the list to scroll.

+1 to everything, but especially bringing all UI elements within vMix in line with general expectations for Windows apps, please and thank you!