logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fabian Emele  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 12:50:04 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Groups: Registered
Germany

Dear Forum Members,
i experienced the problem, that if i have a camera including the projection screen behind the people on stage, i see the projection blinking in the background.

I put the output to the projector on Windows (VMix PC) to 1920x1080 @50fps the same i did with the cameras, and the system output in VMix is also set to 1080p50 but it did not change the blinking projector in the background. I experienced this issue in two locations with the venue own projectors, and to one of them i put my own fibre HDMI to, but everything did not help. Does anyone have an idea which Screw i could turn to fix this?
Tank you very much.
Fabian
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:11:17 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Genlock would solve that issue.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
Fabian Emele on 11/23/2021(UTC)
Fabian Emele  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:42:37 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Germany

Hi Mavik, Genlock between Cam and VMix? I never did that what do i need to do this?
Thanks for your helping advice
Fabian
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 2:13:03 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Fabian,
If you are lucky simply changing the camera/s to 1/120 shutter speed might solve this. If you are unlucky you will get blinking from the house lights instead.
Some professional cameras have settings to avoid screen flickering, so lock into their manuals. It might also help adjusting the projector's brightness.

Projectors/monitors typically have a refresh rate of 60, even though you produce/output 50p.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
jet  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:45:44 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fabian Emele Go to Quoted Post
i experienced the problem, that if i have a camera including the projection screen behind the people on stage, i see the projection blinking in the background.
I put the output to the projector on Windows (VMix PC) to 1920x1080 @50fps the same i did with the cameras, and the system output in VMix is also set to 1080p50 but it did not change the blinking projector in the background. Fabian

If the projector type is DLP and it has only one DLP chip then it uses a thig called color wheel which causes the flicker when it creates all the colors to the screen with the wheel.

You should use a 3 chip DLP projector or a LCD projector and then set it output 50P

Kind regards,
J
thanks 1 user thanked jet for this useful post.
Fabian Emele  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:56:03 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Germany

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
Fabian,
If you are lucky simply changing the camera/s to 1/120 shutter speed might solve this. If you are unlucky you will get blinking from the house lights instead.
Some professional cameras have settings to avoid screen flickering, so lock into their manuals. It might also help adjusting the projector's brightness.

Projectors/monitors typically have a refresh rate of 60, even though you produce/output 50p.

Great, i will try this the next time. :) Thank you very much, i did not think about the intern Frequency of the Projector, sounds logical.
Fabian Emele  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 4:58:05 AM(UTC)
Fabian Emele

Germany

Originally Posted by: jet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fabian Emele Go to Quoted Post
I put the output to the projector on Windows (VMix PC) to 1920x1080 @50fps the same i did with the cameras, and the system output in VMix is also set to 1080p50 but it did not change the blinking projector in the background. Fabian

If the projector type is DLP and it has only one DLP chip then it uses a thig called color wheel which causes the flicker when it creates all the colors to the screen with the wheel.

You should use a 3 chip DLP projector or a LCD projector and then set it output 50P

Kind regards,
J

Thank you also for this post. Lots of things to learn. Great i will be aware which Projector i have next time to find out which is the problem. Kind regards Fabian