logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MZBC  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 9:53:58 AM(UTC)
MZBC

Groups: Registered
United States

I have vmix running on two computers locally. Computer A feeds into our sound board (no sound fromm sound board) and hosts the vmix call. Computer B is my streaming computer that receives audio from the sound board via Focusrite box.

When a vmix call is connected, I have the option of sending video from output 1. No problems there. Audio choices are channels a and b. I can hear and see the caller fine. They can see our output but can't hear no matter what audio channel I chose.

I tried to setup a virtual cable from computer B to A to get the sound that way. That sort of works but creates an echo.

I then tried to move the vmix call to computer B which presents a different problem. Audio/video in and out of the vmix call is great. However, no sound goes through the sound board (b/c that computer is not connected to the sound board). I setup a NDI connection on computer A from the vmix call on computer B. Sort of works but once again echo.

Anyone have a similar configuration working or have a suggestion to make this configuration work?
SuperBill  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 2:34:03 PM(UTC)
SuperBill

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This sounds like you need to understand Audio Busses (not channels)

Short version - you can only hear audio that's on the same bus as you. More than likely your endpoint person viewing the broadcast is getting audio from the main/master bus (M).
Your input from computer As output either has to be on the main (M) or the bus that it comes in on - say A - has to have "M clicked on" (send bus to master - see the output panel of the Audio Mixer.

Hope it helps, can take a while to get your head around audio routing, imho your best bet is NDI unless for some reason you need that mixer in there.