logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ngdlive  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 5:38:16 AM(UTC)
ngdlive

Groups: Registered
United States

We are looking for a way to switch cameras in a multi-view Scene(input) without having to create and scene for every scenario to include each of the 3 cameras

How we currently do this

3 cameras feed into an Atomos Showgun 7 via SDI in switching mode
We take the HDMI from the Atomos to a Black Magic Deck Link Quad
In Vmix we have a single Camera input for the HDMI camera in

We feed in 7 laptops with NDI for things like PowerPoint, Zoom Grids, Zoom Pin, etc

Most of our scenes are 4 quadrants with the Camera input in the top left then various other content on the other 3 locations

So when we want to change the camera to a different one, we just switch it on the Atomos touch screen and no matter what scene(input) is showing in vMix the camera changes and we don't have to change the scene within vMix

For the scenario, we're talking about we only ever need to show 1 of the 3 cameras at a time.

We are looking are replacing our 1 BlackMagic Mini Ursa and 2 Sony a7iii with BirdDog PTZ NDI cameras ( If the image quality is good enough, we have one coming next week for testing)

The issue I am trying to figure out is how to take the 3 NDI feeds and replicate the setup with the Atomos without having to create all the scenes(inputs) we need x 3 so we have one for each camera, the would fill up more than the two StreamDeck XL's that we use and make things just a little more difficult for the production team.

We are wanting to switch to new NDI cameras to streamline setup since most of the time we travel to where we will be live streaming.

So far the only solution I have come up with is setting up a second vMix computer that is dedicated to the cameras, then having that feed that to the primary vMix computer, but in this case, are we really saving anything setup wise by getting new cameras (although the PTZ will be really nice).

I am sure I am overlooking something in vMix that allows me to do this and I have spent a few hours searching, watching youtube videos, and reading blogs looking for solutions, so I appreciate any ideas anyone may have!

Thank you

Poppa Monsoon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 6:39:32 AM(UTC)
Poppa Monsoon

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there,

Would it work to create a MIX INPUT and use this as a submix to handle your camera choice ?

Then use this MIX INPUT as the multi view source within your scene, as you currently do with the BM HDMI in

ngdlive  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 7:47:42 AM(UTC)
ngdlive

United States

Thank you!!!

That is perfect, I did not know that input type existed, not sure how I missed it. I just set that up and figured out how to add it to the BitFocus Companion and use it to switch cameras on one of the StreamDecks and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you again!
Poppa Monsoon  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 7:55:23 AM(UTC)
Poppa Monsoon

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great news. Glad there was a solution.