logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ginesromero  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 11:23:10 PM(UTC)
ginesromero

Groups: Registered
Spain

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It is the first time that I write in the forum, so a greeting to all the vMixers!
Here my first question.

I have a computer that works enough good with vmix, although I recently discovered that my motherboard supports SSD M.2

I'm thinking about buy one of them (not only for vmix for the rest of the software).
I do not know much about these discs and I have read that they mainly help the speed of loading the programs.

So the doubt is: I will see some improvement in vMix in addition to that vmix starts quickly (it already does and I'm happy).
And in which case I will see an improvement in vmix by installing an m.2 (loading files, nº of files, intant replay..)?

I hope you can help me,vMixers
eduardocfs  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 11:56:37 PM(UTC)
eduardocfs

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Olá Ginés,

Seja bem vindo. Primeiro gostaria de te parabenizar pelos vídeos que tem lançado em seu canal no Youtube. Somos da Equipe EasyStream.com.br representante vMix no Brasil e acompanhamos os seus vídeos.

Sim de fato a velocidade dos SSD NVMe M.2 ajudam principalmente quem trabalha com Replay.
No site vMix.com inclusive atualmente indica o uso para o modelo Ruby - 8 Cameras with 4 Camera Instant Replay .
( https://www.vmix.com/pro...x-reference-systems.aspx )

Uma das vantagens é que o NVMe permite o acesso paralelo de dados aproveitando todos os núcleos do processador. Em processadores de vários núcleos acaba que temos um ganho de escala considerável, chegando a 6x ou mais em relação ao um SSD normal.

Mas é importante saber escolher o modelo do NVMe pois cada um deles e cada marca apresenta um desempenho diferente. Por exemplo um Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD de 4TB chega alcançar 7.300MB/s para Leitura e 7.000MB/s para Gravação beneficiando muito quem vai trabalhar com gravação, replay, etc.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Gines,

Welcome. First I would like to congratulate you for the videos that were released on your Youtube channel. We are the Team EasyStream.com.br vMix representative in Brazil and we follow your videos.

Yes indeed the speed of SSD NVMe M.2 mainly works with Replay.
On the site vMix.com even currently indicates the use for the Ruby model - 8 Cameras with 4 Cameras Instant Replay.
(https://www.vmix.com/products/vmix-reference-systems.aspx)

One of the advantages is that NVMe allows parallel data access by taking advantage of all processor cores. Together with multiple cores it ends up that we have a higher scale gain, reaching 6x or more compared to normal SSD.

But it is important to know how to choose the NVMe model because each one of them and each brand has a different performance. For example, a 4TB Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD can reach 7,300MB / s for Read and 7,000MB / s for Write, greatly benefiting those who will work with recording, replay, etc.
ginesromero  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 4:23:13 AM(UTC)
ginesromero

Spain

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Eduardo, nice to meet you.

Thanks for the information and solving my question.

I usually use the vmix reference systems page but I did not understand well the advance of SSD NVMe M.2 in vmix.
Now I understand better, ;) You have explained it well.
Sometimes it's difficult to keep up to date with the hardware. I have not the possibility to change the equipment as much as we would like.😅
I think this SSD will be one of my Christmas gifts.

Thanks for your words about my videos. ;) I think they are helping more people to discover vMix.