logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
copano1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 4:02:32 AM(UTC)
copano1

Groups: Registered
United States

I am looking at procuring some Canon CR-N300 Cameras that support NDI. When I bring them in as an NDI input, is the tally lamp information communicated back to the camera when that input is on program? I saw that in the changelogs, vMix supported Sony VISCA protocol, however, is this something different?
Ewan RSAV  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:10:21 PM(UTC)
Ewan RSAV

United Kingdom

second on this, does anyone have any experience or did you buy them?
copano1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 10:27:11 PM(UTC)
copano1

United States

Originally Posted by: Ewan RSAV Go to Quoted Post
second on this, does anyone have any experience or did you buy them?

I have not bought them yet. I will be buying them at the start of next year.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:17:32 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I bought a couple of Canon N300 about a week ago, still trying to figure them out, but generally happy (not feeling the same with my Birddog 200's...)

I only use the N300 with NDI-HX (no SDI/HDMI/RS-xxx). The Tally lights works out of the box when bringing in the camera as an NDI Input. Meaning the tally control is via NDI (not Sony Visca). Sidenote they can be controlled via Companion's Sony Visca plug-in, and I believe I tried them with vMix's PTS too.

Since this topic is labelled not specifically to the Canon N300, you might find the Feature Request https://forums.vmix.com/...Tally-Lights-via-actions interesting.
thanks 2 users thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
Ewan RSAV on 12/9/2021(UTC), copano1 on 12/9/2021(UTC)
Ewan RSAV  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 10:08:48 PM(UTC)
Ewan RSAV

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
I bought a couple of Canon N300 about a week ago, still trying to figure them out, but generally happy (not feeling the same with my Birddog 200's...)

I only use the N300 with NDI-HX (no SDI/HDMI/RS-xxx). The Tally lights works out of the box when bringing in the camera as an NDI Input. Meaning the tally control is via NDI (not Sony Visca). Sidenote they can be controlled via Companion's Sony Visca plug-in, and I believe I tried them with vMix's PTS too.

Since this topic is labelled not specifically to the Canon N300, you might find the Feature Request https://forums.vmix.com/...Tally-Lights-via-actions interesting.

That is a great lead on the Tally topic :)
Before topic gets locked for being off topic:), there is so little real world info on them I'm going to pick your brains. Knowing you have just got them and might not have an answer, what is your use for them and as a camera have you compared focus and clarity side by side with more traditional broadcast camera in a similar situation?. I can see from examples it is nice and sharp close up, but i'm keen to know how that lens/sensor combo might perform in a bigger room/auditorium for say a wide shot?
copano1  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 10:46:10 PM(UTC)
copano1

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for clearing that up for me. What are your reservations on the N300 when in comparison to the Birddog 200s?
hidavid  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 8:14:12 PM(UTC)
hidavid

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I can confirm that Tally works via NDI out of the box with the CR-N500.

However in compounded scenes with pip's / multiple layers tally stays on the last selected cam and doesn't properly update.
thanks 1 user thanked hidavid for this useful post.
copano1 on 12/17/2021(UTC)