logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigApple  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:01:56 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Groups: Registered

Hello.
I have 3 Behringer UMC404HD units that i used to bring in anaolg audio into VMix.

All 3 have now created crackling sounds into vmix. I wonder if that was because of an vMix update or MS update.
I have updated the units to its latest drivers but no change. I wanted to see if anyone has had same experience with them lately.
The unit brings in the audio through the USB port. and i am using the UMC ASIO drivers .. never had problems before but recently (last few weeks) the sound has crackling sounds.

Thank you.
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:29:53 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Please check the ASIO buffer size. That could be a reason for crackling audio. Or check the USB bus bandwidth or use adifferent USB bus. A USB bus can have multiple USB ports.
BigApple  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:41:47 AM(UTC)
BigApple

Thank you... I have tried different buffers up to 2048 no difference i also tried different ports. USB2/3 front or back of unit.
The unit was working before on the same USB port and it had no issues then suddenly all 3 ? i had them for 6 months without any problems at the 1024 buffer(safe mode)
Not sure about the USB bandwidth they are USB 3.1 nothing is on s USB hub they are directly connected to the Port itself. So i dont think i am drawing too many resources from that side.

mtone  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 9:46:31 AM(UTC)
mtone

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
check sample rates and bit depths match between vMix and the interface.. by default i think vMix uses 16bit 48khz but you can check under settings/audio/show advanced (checkbox) to verify they match with the behringer or just change them in the behringer and see if that fixes it. if you have used other audio software sometimes they can change audio hardware settings and i dont think vMix does this (so they wouldnt get changed back), hence that could create a problem..

if all the settings match and its still not working it would be worth trying different audio software and maybe even different computer to try and troubleshoot the source..
Jones06  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 5:26:25 PM(UTC)
Jones06

Originally Posted by: mtone Go to Quoted Post
check sample rates and bit depths match between vMix and the interface.. by default i think vMix uses 16bit 48khz but you can check under settings/audio/show advanced (checkbox) to verify they match with the behringer or just change them in the behringer and see if that fixes it. if you have used other audio software sometimes they can change audio hardware settings and i dont think vMix does this (so they wouldnt get changed back), hence that could create a problem..

if all the settings match and its still not working it would be worth trying different audio software and maybe even different computer to try and troubleshoot the source..
MyCardStatement

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Looking for the same issue.
jet  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 9:21:49 PM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
One point I got so sick and tired with all the audio issues and hassle with vMix and USB audio interfaces so that I ditched all USB audio solutions with it.

Now using BMD Mini Converter Audio (audio embedder from 8 ch AES/EBU or 4 ch analog audio to SDI)- converter to embed the audio from the audio mixer to one of the camera inputs and now the audio issues are gone with "Audio Gap Handling" set to Resample.

raugert  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 12:58:07 AM(UTC)
raugert

Canada

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I have never had success using ASIO inputs with the Behringer UMC-404HD. There are always small dropouts at regular intervals as shown in this thread: https://forums.vmix.com/...-Audio-Issues---Confused

I now use the Main Output from the interface into the analog input of the computer. The drawback is that I can't select individual ASIO inputs into vMix so the interface is simply a 4 channel mixer, but at least the audio is clean. However, I do use the ASIO Outputs (1-4) of the interface for monitoring or sending audio to other destinations. There doesn't seem to be any issues there..
BigApple  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 1:54:39 PM(UTC)
BigApple

thank you for your thoughts. What is so strange is that it just happens out of nowhere without changing anything. it worked in the past fine. but suddenly.
mavik  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I'm using a XR18 very successfully with vMix. No issues. Or maybe it's time to check out Dante. This is just wonderful if you tend into network for a production.
Roy Sinclair  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 7:37:30 AM(UTC)
Roy Sinclair

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BigApple Go to Quoted Post
thank you for your thoughts. What is so strange is that it just happens out of nowhere without changing anything. it worked in the past fine. but suddenly.

Your device may be failing but first try swapping to a different USB cable to make sure you don't just have a damaged cable. I had to get a replacement for my Focusrite Scarlett 2/2 because it would randomly not work four out of five times you powered it on.