logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xant  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 12:39:03 AM(UTC)
xant

Groups: Registered
Canada

So I have been trying to set up a project in vMix and I think I will need to use a script as the core features don't quite cut it... basically I want 2 on screen avatars to change either by changing visible layers or overlays based on audio input to trigger a quick display of two states.

Basic idea is this...

Avatar is on screen showing a short looped animation.

If vmix is receiving audio from Mic 1 play a short animation of mouth opening 3-5 frame image sequence or just as an overlay and hold on last frame. (This would just appear overtop the looped animation)

When the Audio falls below a threshold play the mouth close animation (Different 3-5 frame animation) and switch back to the first loop.

Basically this would allow a basic talking avatar effect so when someone is talking the avatars mouth is open and when they are not talking it reverts back to a looped clip.

The structure I dont think is too hard but I'm not sure how I would get a script to listen for the audio levels event.Example (If Audio from mic one hits -12 DB Show this layer if it falls back below -25 db play clip then switch to default layer.

I played with the OnAudio -12db triggers that are in the program but the control to have it trigger a below threshold even seems to be outside of that capability.

Is anyone familiar with the script API enough to shed some light on this issue?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 3:44:11 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Guess scripting might help you out as one can check the volume of an input pulled from the API XML

Responding to words might also be something to look into using the voice command option ;-)

Have you checked the "scripting for dummies post " yet ?
Robert45  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 4:39:51 PM(UTC)
Robert45

United States

Alert threshold sensitivity is a high-level concept that controls the amount of deviation from metric behavior required to trigger an alert.

MCDVOICE