logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matkeane  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2021 6:43:26 PM(UTC)
matkeane

Groups: Registered
France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Dynamic shortcuts are extremely useful, and have made adding multiple shortcuts for similar tasks much, much easier. It would be even better if we could use dynamic values for all parameters in shortcuts.

It would be great if a Dynamic Value (assuming it contains an integer) could be used in any parameter requiring an integer value (and fail if out of bounds, such as an illegal layer index).

For example, the SetMultiViewOverlay shortcut requires 3 parameters - 2 of which can be specified using dynamic inputs, but the Layer Index parameter doesn't accept dynamic values.
There is a thread here about using dynamic values for switching Multiview layers: https://forums.vmix.com/...s-to-layers-in-multiview

Likewise, the DataSourceSelectRow shortcut cannot be specified using a dynamic value for the Index.
Speaker order sometimes changes, so I'd like to be able to store the Index of the following speaker's title in a variable, and then call the DataSourceSelectRow shortcut during the next transition.

I realise that I could use scripts to achieve this, but being able to use dynamic values directly in shortcuts - especially with external controllers such as the StreamDeck - would make things easier (and more dynamic!).
iperione  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 2:41:48 AM(UTC)
iperione

Italy

Originally Posted by: matkeane Go to Quoted Post
Dynamic shortcuts are extremely useful, and have made adding multiple shortcuts for similar tasks much, much easier. It would be even better if we could use dynamic values for all parameters in shortcuts.

It would be great if a Dynamic Value (assuming it contains an integer) could be used in any parameter requiring an integer value (and fail if out of bounds, such as an illegal layer index).

For example, the SetMultiViewOverlay shortcut requires 3 parameters - 2 of which can be specified using dynamic inputs, but the Layer Index parameter doesn't accept dynamic values.
There is a thread here about using dynamic values for switching Multiview layers: https://forums.vmix.com/...s-to-layers-in-multiview

Likewise, the DataSourceSelectRow shortcut cannot be specified using a dynamic value for the Index.
Speaker order sometimes changes, so I'd like to be able to store the Index of the following speaker's title in a variable, and then call the DataSourceSelectRow shortcut during the next transition.

I realise that I could use scripts to achieve this, but being able to use dynamic values directly in shortcuts - especially with external controllers such as the StreamDeck - would make things easier (and more dynamic!).

Yes, more or less is what I'm saying in our discussion.
You should not only extend the use of DynamicValue to the most of the parameters, but it would be great even to have different kind of variables....

IE DynamicValueString1...
DynamicValueInteger1....
DynamicValue1... (that should be a real number)

Martin Block  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 12:03:30 PM(UTC)
Martin Block

Philippines

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
+1
Oliver77  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 7:28:51 PM(UTC)
Oliver77

Belgium

+1

Having the possibility to set a dynamic value only for one of the field of a function would be great.

E.g.: for DataSourceSelectRow --> Excel,Dynamic1,Dynamic2 where Dynamic1 is the name of a sheet and Dynamic2 is the row index to select in that sheet
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 7:45:26 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Oliver77 Go to Quoted Post
+1

Having the possibility to set a dynamic value only for one of the field of a function would be great.

E.g.: for DataSourceSelectRow --> Excel,Dynamic1,Dynamic2 where Dynamic1 is the name of a sheet and Dynamic2 is the row index to select in that sheet

Until available use Scripting to retrieve their values and build the function
Oliver77  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 10:37:15 PM(UTC)
Oliver77

Belgium

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
+1

Until available use Scripting to retrieve their values and build the function

I wish I could. I've a quite large knowledge in IT Infra but unfortunately not in development... If korn/bash shell was possible, I would have tried but VB is not my friend. :-/
doggy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2021 3:38:55 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)

I wish I could. I've a quite large knowledge in IT Infra but unfortunately not in development... If korn/bash shell was possible, I would have tried but VB is not my friend. :-/

Have you checked the "scripting for dummies "post yet ? btw its vb.net