logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marek69  
#81 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 8:56:34 AM(UTC)
marek69

Groups: Registered
Poland

Hi to all.

I'm trying to set UTC on a second computer. Specifically a timer on the scoreboard. The other computer cannot see my GT input. The main computer can see, but I can't set the timer. I change to mm / ss and I have hh / mm / ss all the time. Besides, it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?
marek69  
#82 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 9:02:47 AM(UTC)
marek69

Poland

Ok, on the main computer I did. It works! But on the second it does not see the source of GT ...Why?
DWAM  
#83 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 5:55:19 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
The other computer cannot see my GT input.

vMix UTC is not supposed to see any inputs from vMix!
vMix UTC is designed to "control" vMix inputs and outputs remotely using API commands.

So, first, make sure, your UTC computer is correctly connected to vMix computer over the network. The LED must be green.
Then start with basic examples: there are many available at the beginning of this thread, including how to create and control a scoreboard with a timer.
elgarf  
#84 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 6:00:22 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 129 post(s)
@marek69, is vMix API accessible on the second computer by link?
http://IP:port/api
fadytabar  
#85 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 5:01:43 AM(UTC)
fadytabar

Lebanon

Hi guys,

I need help in this please.
I am new in UTC and i am stuck in the bellow issue.

i have a strap with a 2 minutes countdown triggered by a button widget (Button 1) in utc.
right after this script command I've placed a timer to pause the script for 120000ms (2 minutes).
then another script command in the same widget to take out the strap after the timer reaches zero.

A second button widget (Button 2) is used to force the strap out before the end of the 120000ms.

All is working good here until I've decided to press button 1 widget again before the 120000ms timer end.
The button becomes unusable until the timer ends... Is there a way to bypass the timer and reset it to zero so the button becomes available again?

N.B: i have zero knowledge in scripting :/

Appreciate your help
Many thanks

FT

Bardiccollege  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, May 12, 2021 10:57:28 PM(UTC)
Bardiccollege

United States

Hey I'm just hearing about UTC and am excited of the potential uses.

I haven't seen if UTC can control NewBlueFX Titler live via Vmix hotkeys - but I don't see why it couldn't. Am I right?
trigonX  
#87 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 4:29:49 PM(UTC)
trigonX

Czech Republic

Hey guys,

I am new here and I just found this awesome tool. Everything I need is working as expected except one tiny thing and I wanted to ask you if you have the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

Basically - if I use Clock widget -> when the time comes the clock widget keeps spamming the trigger all over again.

Example:

- create a button
- in execute I place link name: "test"
- as a script in button I use Fullscreen (toggle)
- in clock I add scheduler with exec link "test"
- then I set the clock and thats it

When current PC time reaches the time set in Clock widget it starts but instead of running the function once it keeps toggling fulscreen on / off until I do something about it... Timer widget works correctly. Only clock widget does this. I also tried and when I use clock to start a timer -> it happens as well. Timer keeps resetting and starting over and over again...

@DWAM or anyone - would you by any chance know whats happening here?

Btw. I am on latest VMIX (24 I think) and on latest UTC.

Please let me know how to proceed here. Thank you!
trigonX  
#88 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 5:09:10 PM(UTC)
trigonX

Czech Republic

samirbridi  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2021 9:54:16 AM(UTC)
samirbridi

Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a question that I haven't been able to find out yet. After creating all my UTC project for the event, opening that same project on another machine, synchronizing the IP (machine2 - utc with machine1 - vmix), some buttons do not work correctly. In my case, by clicking on the button where a layer was in / out, playing it in an overlay, the button works as if it had been pressed twice, making the first action and then the second, that is, entering the scoreboard and the scoreboard comes out. And the correct one, where it was created and tested, would only make the exit action, after clicking the button again. Does anyone know why this happened?
wmsenna  
#90 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 10:17:12 AM(UTC)
wmsenna

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How can I open a folder with today's date?

get.date

dateTime.ToString("yyyyMMdd")

*Win(C:\Users\MyUsername\Desktop\20210722)
KJPark  
#91 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2021 3:05:23 AM(UTC)
KJPark

Man
Norway

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Howto use vMix UTC to schedule commands in vMix

It is a regular subject in the forum: "How can I schedule recording to start automatically?" or "How can I start any action in vMix at a particular time?".
There are many answers and various methods to this, but vMix UTC is certainly one of the easiest and the most appropriate one.

Here's a small howto to help you to run any command in vMix at a defined time.

1. Open vMix UTC. It can be either on the same computer as vMix or any other computer on the network

2. Create a "Button Widget":
- First give it a name, for example "Recording"
- In the Hotkeys section, tick the "Execute" box and fill the "Link" area with a reference name like "StartRecording". This link name is used to call this button action from other widget.
- Finally, click the + sign in the "Script" area to create a new Command. For this example, select "Start Recording" in the dropdown menu
- That's it for this part. Click OK. You can try this command by clicking the Button: Recording should start in vMix. If not, you did something wrong! ;o)

3. Now create a "Clock Widget":
- First give it a name, like "My Schedule Commands" for example
- Click the + sign in the "Scheduler" area
- Select the time when you want the command to be executed and fill the "ExecLink" area with the exact same name you gave to the Execute Link at step 2 above. Here, you should write "StartRecording"
- That's it! Click OK to validate your schedule task.

Et voila! At the exact time you indicated, the Recording button is called by the Clock Widget and vMix starts recording.

Obviously, you can use any command here. For example, you could start a playlist, switch to any input, trigger an overlay, play a video or whatever.

Notes:
- The Clock Widget accepts many schedule tasks to be executed. You can create as many "ExecuteLinks" as you need towards several Button Widgets.
- Button Widgets can also contain several commands. Simply click the + sign to add another command.

That's it! Hope you like it. Have fun vMixing!

I've just tested this and it works like a charm. But!
It executes the button multiple times until the next minute (Yes I've added seconds in the time).

So if I have set it to CutDirect from Preview when the time is 01:00:00, it keeps pressing the button all the time until a new minute. How do we fix this?
Now it Cuts, and of course the selected input is still in preview, but if I were to select a new preview to prepare, it will imediantly just cut to the new input in the preview right away.

Thanks in advance.
fabfab10  
#92 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 7:53:18 PM(UTC)
fabfab10

Italy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
HOW CHANGE TEAMS LOGO IMAGES ON A GT TITLE USING UTC

Hello everybody, i would like some suggestions on the best way to manage changing teams logo images on a scoreboard graphic created wit GT Title Designer from UTC.

Thank you in advance
prairiemarsh  
#93 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 4:01:04 PM(UTC)
prairiemarsh

Man
Canada

I have been using an excel spreadsheet to store the file paths to the image files. Create a excel data source in UTC. Then link the data source to a drop down list that will be populated with the image file paths (ie: D:\myfiles\hometeam.png). Set the title mapping on the list to target the GT graphic and the image container.

1) Create Excel with Filepaths (drive/folder/name and extension)
2) Create datasource for excel in UTC
3) Create list and populate from datasource
4) title mapping set to GT Graphic and container for image

Hope this helps

Henrik  
#94 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2022 7:22:47 PM(UTC)
Henrik

Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: prairiemarsh Go to Quoted Post

3) Create list and populate from datasource

Hi prairiemarsh,

how do you populate the data from the excel sheet. I have created a datasource with my excel table in UTC, but in the list widget does not show it under "Data Source / Property"?

Thanks
Henrik

UTC Datasource.jpg (199kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Devon Fortune  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, August 30, 2023 6:36:50 AM(UTC)
Devon Fortune

United States

Hey everyone,

So, I work for a radio station that livestreams Highschool sports using vMix. I have UTC set up to run ads, adjust the scoreboard, switch camera inputs, and solo audio. I'm running into an issue though where anytime I go out to broadcast UTC will not recognize the inputs in any of my widgets. Whenever I open the drop-down menu for my widget inputs it's a blank white box. I've check to make sure it's not due to piece of gear causing disruptions. Cameras, switcher, ethernet connection into our Verizon travel router. I run all of it in our studio and it works fine. I do speed tests when I get on site for the games and the Wi-Fi is stellar. I'm truly stumped on what could be causing UTC to stop recognizing vMix's inputs when I take it out of the station. If anyone has any advice for troubleshooting, let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
Devon Fortune
Charles P. Waxman  
#96 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2023 8:23:03 PM(UTC)
Charles P. Waxman

United Kingdom

vMix UTC (Universal Title Controller) is a donationware 3rd party application designed to create personalized UI (User Interface) for managing XAML titles in vMix, as well as operating various vMix functions remotely. Built upon vMix API commands, vMix UTC allows users to handle titles, switch inputs, start/stop recordings and streaming, and use XML data sources. It is not a substitution tool for creating XAML files but aids in managing the content of XAML titles, controlling their use in productions, and utilizing dynamic features.
User is suspended until 2/12/2032 11:59:45 AM(UTC) Joeboe69  
#97 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2023 9:56:09 PM(UTC)
Joeboe69

Barbados

I used to use UTC some years ago, and it works great....have not used it in a while, since I found Panel Builder, which has a UI, which I can edit to look as a real switcher....UT works well, and there are some videos on Youtube that shows a lot of the features and how to use it with vMix.....