logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dprenerov  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 1:22:06 AM(UTC)
dprenerov

Groups: Registered
Bulgaria

Hello,
I am trying vmix for a project for online educational studio which we have to integrate. So far everything is well, however when I try to stream from vmix, it streams one of its inputs instead of the program out. So I am wondering why is that? Maybe I am doing something wrong, however I read the documentation and searched the other support sources provided, and found nothing about that. I don't see if I can chose what to stream in vmix. The normal logic says it should stream the program out.
I installed it on Windows 10, using already obsolete Blackmagic Decklink 4k Extreme videocapture card just for the tests. Later we will buy more recent videocapture card.
Please help me to find out how to stream the program out of the mixer.

Thanks
Dimiter
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 2:25:11 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Check 1

streamoutput.JPG (101kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Check 2

streamoutput1.JPG (90kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
dprenerov  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 2:59:43 AM(UTC)
dprenerov

Bulgaria

Thanks, but it is not intuitive and a bit confusing.
So in Settings / Outputs/NDI/SRT the first two black squares with numbers 1 and 2 (separated from others) are to set the output 1 and output 2 if I understand right? Should be selected in source drop-down menu. But why it is written next to them FUllscreen?
After that in stream settings the drop-down menu for the output means the number 1 or 2 from previous selection, am I right?

One more thing.
Why it is set the settings to be stored in Documents library folder? If I select from Windows 10 security defender to protect my documents library folder from ransomware it does lock it for changes by any software. In this case I get an error when I try to edit settings in vmix.
Is it possible to change location of the settings files as well as the preset file to be at a different location?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 3:07:13 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
vMix settings are NOT saved in the documents folder
Preset files, recordings etc van be saved wherever you like

Quote:
But why it is written next to them FUllscreen?

Because that's what you are sending to: full screens ( mostly extra monitors)
for your initial issue its the ones next to named "OUTPUT" you need to set
dprenerov  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2021 3:24:11 AM(UTC)
dprenerov

Bulgaria

Well, when I try to edit settings I get an error message that the folder D:\documents\vMixStorage is not accessible or something. The same it was when trying to add inputs.
When I disabled the windows defender ransomware protection this error disappeared. I am not happy to disable ranswomware protection however. So if you state that these folders/ settings files are not stored in documents library folder, please let me know me where vmix does store it or how could I change it's location.

Regarding my initial question, I still don't quite understand the logic of the software menus structure, but I do understand now what I have to change to get what I need. So I can connect additional monitors to control program and preview otuput. That's great.
Thanks.