logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tvamsterdam  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2021 9:49:15 AM(UTC)
tvamsterdam

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

I use the NDI desktop capture a lot to record TV from streaming websites from broadcasters. On both my systems there is no signal any more. Also when I load an older VMix preset it shows all the windows and menus from the screen (in my case "display 2") but not the content of the programme, it appears black. It happened a few weeks ago and it looks like a trick from broadcasters to use this way of copying content. Anybody any clue what is happening here?
mavik  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2021 11:53:56 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Try to switch graphic acceleration on/off and see if that does the trick.
tvamsterdam  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 8:41:32 AM(UTC)
tvamsterdam

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post

It is only broadcasters in the Netherlands. The Belgium stream/video is working properly. When I pause the Netherlands stream/video the PLAY button appears in the VMix input (like all other buttons and windows on the display 2 screen appear. It is solely the video information that seems to be blocked. So there is something inside the mediaplayer that stops the display output to the NDI source.
For this reason I post my question here, because it may be solved by the Vmix-NDI capture software.

tvamsterdam  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 9:18:28 AM(UTC)
tvamsterdam

Netherlands

Originally Posted by: tvamsterdam Go to Quoted Post

It is only broadcasters in the Netherlands. The Belgium stream/video is working properly. When I pause the Netherlands stream/video the PLAY button appears in the VMix input (like all other buttons and windows on the display 2 screen appear. It is solely the video information that seems to be blocked. So there is something inside the mediaplayer that stops the display output to the NDI source.
For this reason I post my question here, because it may be solved by the Vmix-NDI capture software.

I have made two photos to show the result.
http://tvamsterdam.nl/images/vmixndi-belgium.jpg
https://tvamsterdam.nl/i.../vmixndi-netherlands.jpg
In this second picture I stopped the video and you can see the PLAY button in the middle of the screen.
mavik  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Ahh, you want to control the remote end. Sorry maybe I don't understand it a 100% correct.
You need to enable the KVM functionality in NDI itself. Right click the screen cature software in the task bar and enable KVM control.
tvamsterdam  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:40:25 AM(UTC)
tvamsterdam

Netherlands

Ahh, you want to control the remote end. Sorry maybe I don't understand it a 100% correct.
You need to enable the KVM functionality in NDI itself. Right click the screen cature software in the task bar and enable KVM control.

No, the fact that the playbutton is visable but the screen is black means that something is stopping the video signal somewhere, while it is on the display 2 screen as intended (with in my showcase the playbutton visible on both screens). By the way the audio signal is not blocked. So the NDI is capturing any video and audio exept the mentioned Dutch channels (I am viewing them on nlziet.nl).
I found out that this is happening by the browser (Chrome), the problem is solved by using Explorer instead.
So topic closed for now. It's a browser issue, not a NDI issue.