logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WesleyFernandes  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 12:43:55 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello dear.

In the use of Instant Replay I have noticed the need to change the sequence of cameras so as not to stay repetitive forever: 1.4.5 or 1,2,3. Being that when we play PlaySelectEvent it starts the view by following the sequence configured in the Instant Replay options.

I want to suggest that we operators can choose the sequence we want to display by changing according to the need, giving more emotion to the moment and not displaying the same sequence. For example:
- Soccer:
Goal Team A - Replay Sequence 3,1,2
Goal Team B - Replay Sequence 2,3,1

Thanks.
thanks 1 user thanked WesleyFernandes for this useful post.
Ario on 12/31/2022(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 11:56:45 PM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You may want to add this to the feature request section.

I do agree with this completely. The issue is that VMIX replay does not have a stand-alone playlist section like 3 Play or other replay providers.

Right now there are 2 workarounds. One is to move to a full A/B workflow but that does take quite a while to master.

The other is to duplicate the shots with windows commands and then only check off what looks you need. You might also do the following:

Devoted a BIN Number for multiple angle playback (playlist)
Create a macro that copies the file over to that BIN how many ever looks you have
Then pick the angles you want and use the play selected option

Something like a Streamdeck may help with this. But even with a keyboard, you could create a shortcut to do this.

WesleyFernandes  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:03:07 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

True, I haven't had the experience of using Dyno, 3play, playmaker, EVS and others yet but I figured it was that way. I know that vMix comes in a very close delivery of these hardware within everything it offers and maybe they've even thought about this implementation idea. The suggestion remains.

When there is A/B operation I don't understand correctly, because I always work A/B, I never worked A and B separately (buttons). If you can inform me, I will be grateful.

As for copying the similar event and putting the cameras in order, I thought about this solution and that it would be the most viable and functional at the moment. It will require a lot of agility from the operator hahaha.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:15:35 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ WesleyFernandes

If you "Copy to" another Event tab, the clips will play in the order that you copy them over.
Also if you copy the same Event over multiple times, you can select a different camera angle for each, thereby changing the order they are played back when played out.
A bit tedious, but possible!

Ice
Radiotvpat1982  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:32:20 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

So it's important to note that there are different cases for playlist and cliplist.

In most of the replay solutions, I use cliplist in a place I can play multiple edited (in/out and angle) clips to create on list. Like highlights or rollouts to break.

In normal playback of one play, the A/B solution is typically what would be used. In bigger productions, it's 2 or 3 operators with them all having A/B channels to operate out of. In our case with a single machine, you have to be quick and efficient to get more than 2 angles out. Here is how though.

Gang (Link) you A/B channels together to start. This allows both A & B to get the mark in and mark out points.
Once you have marked your clip, switch first to A and pick an angle. While A is playing move to B and pick that angle.
The second you switch your controls only control your active angle.
You might also choose to go ahead and pick both A & B angles before playing.

Are you running VMIX Replay as a standalone replay solution or all in one as a switcher as well?

WesleyFernandes  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:37:51 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

Originally Posted by: IceStream Go to Quoted Post
@ WesleyFernandes

If you "Copy to" another Event tab, the clips will play in the order that you copy them over.
Also if you copy the same Event over multiple times, you can select a different camera angle for each, thereby changing the order they are played back when played out.
A bit tedious, but possible!

Ice

@IceStream yes! i know that, but your operator have a lot speed marks hahahaa
WesleyFernandes  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:44:00 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
So it's important to note that there are different cases for playlist and cliplist.

In most of the replay solutions, I use cliplist in a place I can play multiple edited (in/out and angle) clips to create on list. Like highlights or rollouts to break.

In normal playback of one play, the A/B solution is typically what would be used. In bigger productions, it's 2 or 3 operators with them all having A/B channels to operate out of. In our case with a single machine, you have to be quick and efficient to get more than 2 angles out. Here is how though.

Gang (Link) you A/B channels together to start. This allows both A & B to get the mark in and mark out points.
Once you have marked your clip, switch first to A and pick an angle. While A is playing move to B and pick that angle.
The second you switch your controls only control your active angle.
You might also choose to go ahead and pick both A & B angles before playing.

Are you running VMIX Replay as a standalone replay solution or all in one as a switcher as well?

@Radiotvpat1982 here we use the TY-REW380 Midi controller of Aliexpress. Is a very good controller, i don't use keyboard and mouse in your soccer livestream, but i want change cam angules to make a emotion of replay. I cut special scenes to play on interval games too. I don't know all functions the vmix replay but i want know to make a better replay on my jobs...

link

Screenshot_19.png (177kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Radiotvpat1982  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:50:28 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

I use the same exact one except for I have changed out my keys to allow for A/B operation.

Since it's a MIDI any of your keys can be changed out.

I also added push forward and backwards so I can fade shots when running multiple angles.

The keys and key caps on your control do pop off.

Here is a look at mine:

20201020_110404.jpg (3,158kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

WesleyFernandes  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:57:28 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
I use the same exact one except for I have changed out my keys to allow for A/B operation.

Since it's a MIDI any of your keys can be changed out.

I also added push forward and backwards so I can fade shots when running multiple angles.

The keys and key caps on your control do pop off.

Here is a look at mine:

20201020_110404.jpg (3,158kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

Cool! The markInPoint i use second wheel (down) from perfect adjust MarkIn selected. The MACRO buttom i don't use! Delete i use 8 guide to my trash and move all events i don't use. I like so much hotkey A B Link. Can you send me your template? wesleyfernandes@hotmail.com.br
Radiotvpat1982  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 1:51:34 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Sent
WesleyFernandes  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 3:25:49 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

Thanks!
WesleyFernandes  
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 3:38:37 AM(UTC)
WesleyFernandes

Man
Brazil

I move this suggestion to Feature Requests