logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Freedom1  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 4:19:10 AM(UTC)
Freedom1

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
I'm new to the forum but currently have vMix on my Alienware laptop and typically use this for video calls that include virtual panels. With our current environment the performance has worked out fairly well. We had just a few hiccups along the way and we are interested in building a machine to handle up to 3-4 HD cameras for live panels or events.

I would love to have some of your professional opinions on the specs we have outlined for a new machine to be built. This is what we came up with and would love to hear feedback on if the specs match our goals moving forward. Thanks to all that reply.

-Intel - Core i9-10900K 10th Generation 10-core - 20-Thread - 3.7 GHz (5.3 GHz Turbo) Socket LGA1200 Unlocked Desktop Processor-
-Windows 10 Home
-CORSAIR - VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop memory
-MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Edge (WiFi) Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
-Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black
-ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC EVO Edition Graphics Card 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Dual-Fan Axial-tech Fan Auto-Extreme Technology DVI-D HDMI 2.0b DisplayPort 1.4 w/ Mytrix HDMI 2.1 Cable(4k@120Hz/8K@60Hz)
-1TB m.2 NVME ssd
-1TB HDD
-NZXT Kraken X73 360mm RGB CPU Water Cooling Kit
-Water-Cooled CPU Build
-Blackmagic DeckLink Duo 2
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2021 12:27:30 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Freedom1

That computer would pretty much fall in line with the vMix RUBY Reference System and should be fine for the workflow you describe.

Ice
SportsNetUSA.net  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 7:25:58 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
You may want to consider Windows 10 Pro instead of the Home edition.
Buckridge  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2021 3:53:36 PM(UTC)
Buckridge

United States

Im thinking about building a livestreaming rig and trying to pick up some small-mid size streaming gigs. My goal here is to build something that can handle video/audio/streaming by myself for smaller shows, and then handle just streaming if I slot into a bigger show. I also want this to be a somewhat smaller package so that I can be fairly mobile. I've been pondering the last few days how I would build something like this, and unfortunately budget is a factor. Ideally this setup will have the ability to do 2 or 3 cameras, 2 or 3 laptops and 3 or 4 microphones.

www.myccpay.com