logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimisagan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:17:13 PM(UTC)
jimisagan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the High Output Performance Mode in the Advanced setting of the performance tab?

I've recently been battling to bring my render times down on my new rig.

Intel i9 10980XE
Nvidia RTX 3090
Asus Strix X299 Gaming II Motherboard
64GB Ram
1TB M2 drive
4TB SSD

I've disabled onboard sound, disabled CPU speed step in the BIOS etc. I've checked for dodgy drivers with latencymon and also made sure all PCIE cards are in the correct busses. Even then I seem to often get render spikes before I would normally on a lesser system.

I'm aware of the High INPUT performance mode, however yesterday I stumbled across the High OUTPUT Performance mode setting in the advanced menu. I was sceptical to switch it on however when activated it dropped my render time by up to 5-10ms straight away. I can't seem to find any information about this setting in any vMix guide and I can't find much discussion about it.

My question is; What does it do and if its in the advanced menu, which I don't generally touch, what's the catch!? It seems to improve performance on my system fairly dramatically but is it reliable for shows?

I'd appreciate anyones knowledge on this! Thanks in advance
thanks 1 user thanked jimisagan for this useful post.
vvcvvc on 3/8/2021(UTC)
timmy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:32:34 AM(UTC)
timmy

I have a similar system and noticed the same type things! I thought it might have to do with the drivers and RTX 3090 being just a little too bleeding edge to be fully taken advantage of so ended up switching to an RTX 5000.

I would also like to hear a bit more about what the high output performance actually does and why would we not want to use it?

BrendanJDower  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 8:13:14 AM(UTC)
BrendanJDower

Man
Australia

+1
ask  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:13:12 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
DaveT  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 6:26:39 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We use High Output Performance Mode on everything. I believe it's meant to help with 4K projects, but we've see significant improvements with our 1080p5994 projects.

We use it along with the new Resizable Memory Bar Support wherever possible, too. We do have high input performance mode turned off in this case, per the VMix.com instructions, but still keep Output on. In our testing, we still see better render times with it on, although to be fair that testing wasn't significant. I'm not sure if that's the behavior we should be seeing.

If you aren't doing Resizable Memory Bar Support, I highly recommend it. Dramatic improvement for us. Your mobo, cpu, and gpu combo def support it.

Improving GPU performance in vMix with Resizable Bar Support