logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
A_palmre  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:32:10 PM(UTC)
A_palmre

Groups: Registered
Estonia

Hi!

I'm planning to buy SDI capture card with 4 SDI input. It should support 3G-SDI 1080p50/59.94 signal from Sony PXW-X70 and Z150. I am thinking about BM Decklink Duo 2 and Magewell Pro Capture Quad SDI. Magewell website tells that card supports SD/HD/3Ga/3Gb/3Gb-DL/3Gb-DS. There shouldn't be problem whith any kind of 3G signal. Is it correct?
Does anybody has experience using BM Decklink Duo 2 with these Sony cameras? I would like to use 1080p50/59.94 signal. Sony specs shows that SDI output supports SMPTE 424M/292M/259M standards. When I look BM website, there is the following information about Decklink Duo 2: SDI Compliance - SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M - but no information about 3G levels.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:50:18 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Both will work fine.
I'd say that Magewell offers more pro features and reliability. BMD drivers are known to a little tricky sometimes but I use Duo 2 for 4 or 5 years with no issues except that sometimes I have to reconfigure my settings...

Not sure if this is still true nowadays (not checked lately) but Duo 2 only accepts Level B signals

There's been a lot of talk about those cards in the forum so make sure to use the search feature with appropriate keywords if you want to dive more into users feedback.

Guillaume
A_palmre  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 4:36:12 PM(UTC)
A_palmre

Estonia

Do Sony PXW cameras outputting level B signal?
kokopudja  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 2:45:50 AM(UTC)
kokopudja

Can confirm that BMD Decklink Duo 2 is still only accepting Level B signal. I tried to connect my Sony NX100 camera to Duo with SDI out from CVW Swift 800 Pro and that card is not detecting my signal, unless i use MicroConverter (also BMD product) to convert from HDMI to SDI level B.
If only this card input signal is switchable!