logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vince Beck  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:51:47 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I'm usually am successfull are convincing clients to stream events, but this one want to go through Zoom Webinar.

I know this is a Zoom issue with real time communications, but I was wonndering if someone had any tricks up their sleeve to improve quality at all.

Our NDI feed to Zoom is crystal clear, becomes absolute garbage once sent to Zoom, HD is enabled. Is this everyone's else's experience?

The client is used to seeing shared content which I know is clearer, but mostly because Zoom prioritizes this and drops frame rate, I don't think this is an option here?

Thanks for any input.
AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 12:16:00 AM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Keep in mind that when you are viewing your own video feed in zoom, that is a local representation, not what the audience sees. For example, if you have mirror turned on, you see a mirrored image, and the audience does not.

I don’t know about the current default for webinars, but in a regular Zoom meeting, since early last year, in basic and Pro zoom accounts, as soon as a third participant joins, the resolution drops to 360p for video.

I know that HD can be enabled in large webinars, but that requires a request to .zoom support.
HD is a available in Business and Enterprise Zoom accounts, but again, it has to be requested from support.

I hope this helps.
Bluebert  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 8:50:35 PM(UTC)
Bluebert

United Kingdom

For Zoom and Teams I utilise screen share rather than a virtual Webcam for any PowerPoint / VT content. I have found that Zoom and Teams treats the Virtual webcam as a webcam and allocates it an adaptive bitrate. Screen share, however, is treated differently. For Screen share I utilise NDI Monitor full screen on a dedicated display on the share computer. Hope this helps?

Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 5:42:19 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
We ended up setting Group HD in the admin panel which gave us 720P (much better), but the client had a business account, so we had them request 1080P via support, and it's looked very good, close to streaming quality at 8 Mbps.
Thanks for the tips.

On the screen sharing option, I was under the impression that this caused the frame rate to drop drastically?
Bluebert  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 6:16:49 AM(UTC)
Bluebert

United Kingdom

Never had a problem with frame rate, have had issues with virtual webcams on various platforms. Screen share allocates more resource and has always been reliable for me. Also stereo audio is available in teams with screen share.