logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scareacon  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2020 3:45:29 AM(UTC)
scareacon

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been struggling trying to figure out how to maintain a full duplex audio connection (with video of course) that does not have audio ducking or some form of audio drop-out when two people are talking simultaneously. I am told there is no audio ducking in vMix call, and I have tried both Chrome and Firefox but the effect remains. I host a stream with three remote co-hosts, and when they are speaking individually, the audio sounds great, but when there is any overlap, it tends to drop out and/or be inaudible. I just purchased the 4K version of the software and am desperate for a way to fix this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 12:14:57 PM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
You can try beta.vmixcall.com and tell them to turn off echo cancelation. They should then wear headphones.

What you are hearing is mix minus and without it, you would hear an awful echo when 2 callers speak at the same time and they have speakers.
thanks 1 user thanked Vince Beck for this useful post.
scareacon on 8/18/2020(UTC)
mavik  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 3:37:49 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
vmixcall uses webRTC. To increase the stability video and sound you can try to offer them a SRT ingest (Ports need to be configured). SRT is one way communication. You can share them a webRTC audio feed as a return. If they need a video as well you may want to send out an SRT feed to them in addition.
With SRT you are off of the browser and the limitations coming from this.
scareacon  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:01:05 AM(UTC)
scareacon

United States

Originally Posted by: Vince Beck Go to Quoted Post
You can try beta.vmixcall.com and tell them to turn off echo cancelation. They should then wear headphones.

What you are hearing is mix minus and without it, you would hear an awful echo when 2 callers speak at the same time and they have speakers.

All of my hosts are using headphone.mic.mixing board setup. I have engineered their setup for the appropriate mix-minus configuration.

I'll try the beta and see if that resolved the issue. Thanks for the input.
scareacon  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 1:03:48 AM(UTC)
scareacon

United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
vmixcall uses webRTC. To increase the stability video and sound you can try to offer them a SRT ingest (Ports need to be configured). SRT is one way communication. You can share them a webRTC audio feed as a return. If they need a video as well you may want to send out an SRT feed to them in addition.
With SRT you are off of the browser and the limitations coming from this.

The most important selling point of Vmix for me was this ability to bring in remote hosts and guests with a full duplex, non-audio ducking audio/video connection. I am hoping someone who uses vMix/vCall currently has this functionality in use and can offer guidance on how to get there.
wwareiv  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:52:11 AM(UTC)
wwareiv

United States

Hello all,

I was just wondering if a solution was found for the audio ducking situation when multiple end points are speaking on vcall?

Thank you!

WW
admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:44:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
There is no audio ducking in vMix. This will be caused a browser, most likely due to headphones/earphones not being used by all parties.
We have seen many instances of callers having headphones/earphones plugged in but having speakers in use anyway, so always something to thoroughly double check.

https://www.vmix.com/kno...en-using-multiple-guests
scareacon  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2021 12:31:45 AM(UTC)
scareacon

United States

Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
There is no audio ducking in vMix. This will be caused a browser, most likely due to headphones/earphones not being used by all parties.
We have seen many instances of callers having headphones/earphones plugged in but having speakers in use anyway, so always something to thoroughly double check.

https://www.vmix.com/kno...en-using-multiple-guests

Please continue this thread because the answers so far are not resolving the issue. All of my guests (up to 3) are required to use headphones/microphone - so this is not the cause of the garbled, "ducked" audio. It is crucial that this be corrected because it is compromising the quality of our broadcasts. THANK YOU!
DaveT  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 3:53:32 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have noticed we get much cleaner audio if we Force Stereo. Not the same scenario, but when things get hectic audio-wise (i.e. trying to feed VO w/ music under it) on a VMix Call the audio can start getting all garbly on us when using Chrome, and Force Stereo magically cleans it up. We didn't have the low quality audio issues when using Firefox which is Stereo by default and it led me to try the option in Chrome.

Chrome itself has a series of WebRTC defaults which can't be changed at the browser level easily (can with some sites via the Web Developer Console by running some scripts/arguments). The advanced.vmixall.com provides the options to change some of these defaults. There may be more that can be made available to change, but I'm not sure.