logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarkNF82  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 5:39:44 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....

May we have the ability to crossfade between titles on the same overlay layer. Currently the only way to do a clean transition is to cut to each different title, otherwise the title transitions out completely then the next one transitions in. This is such a basic feature I was amazed when I could not accomplish this.

I am using vMix HD.

Thank you.

doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 6:02:18 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Are these static titles ( no animations) ?

You can add 2 titles to a mix input and overlay that and do fades or merges between them
MarkNF82  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 7:30:08 AM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Are these static titles ( no animations) ?

You can add 2 titles to a mix input and overlay that and do fades or merges between them

These are static titles, captions for church services.

Mix inputs are not available in vMix HD, unless you're talking about some other way.

vmix-1.jpg (78kb) downloaded 0 time(s). vmix-2.jpg (13kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 4:14:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
You are aware that an option is creating a GT title (as per your other post https://forums.vmix.com/...ade-Titles-on-Same-Layer )
You are aware that using a mix input solves it directly

But not possible with a HD version. Maybe time to upgrade

Or use 2 title inputs , and set for example overlay 1 and 2 to fade/merge. then have a shortcut set to OverlayInput1 for title 1 and same shortcut for OverlayInput2 for title 2. start with one overlay/title active and hit shortcut.

Another thing one can do is duplicate the main input and have each ( original and virtual ) an added layer with own title and fade merge between them (need to turn off layers of said inputs if you dont want to see titles instead of overlaying them

For more/easier control of the last 2 scripting will come into play (oops, sorry needs and upgrade)
MarkNF82  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2021 9:55:21 PM(UTC)
MarkNF82

Canada

Thanks very much for the comments, however I don't understand why they are necessary. This is the "Feature Requests" section and I'm merely asking for this feature to be added. If you don't agree that's fine, just don't vote.

Also, $350 to be able to crossfade titles, albeit in a round-about way, is way too much for a church to pay when it cannot benefit from anything else offered in other versions. I have used programs in the past that do this by default without issue. However, if you are interested in donating an upgrade to our church, we would be more than happy to accept.

As much as I love vMix, sometimes it seems to be going the way of Wirecast, which is why we switched to vMix in the first place. Implementing features but not always in a useful way, or at least not in a way professionals are used to, requiring external apps, scripts or workarounds to do basic functions. Asking for titles on the same layer to have the option to crossfade instead of fading out then fading in shouldn't be this complicated or controversial. I guess I'll look for another way to do this with yet another program.

+1