logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kitter  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 4:16:04 AM(UTC)
kitter

Groups: Registered
Czech Republic

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

good work with re-doing the Replay functions in vMix24 and adding 4 extra replay channels.
The Replay window Monitors now displays events informations and camera names. But our Replay operator prefers to see whole camera pictures instead of those infos. Is it possible to turn off those informations please? There are black borders on the right of the camera views so there is definitely enough space.
*pic related*

Thanks,
Jakub Rybka
replay-infos.jpg (480kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked kitter for this useful post.
Roland083 on 9/26/2021(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 8:37:34 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
IS this not the area where the audio level is already assigned?
kitter  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 9:51:25 PM(UTC)
kitter

Czech Republic

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
IS this not the area where the audio level is already assigned?

That's right, audio levels are there. But as I wrote earlier, we prefer bigger camera picture.
The sound is not that big issue at sports.
mburel1980  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 3:38:38 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey kitter,

I see you are producing Golden League Volleyball. I'm interested in your workflow, in particular how many people you have involved and what is there role.

Also how you are handling the replays... is it on a 2nd, 3rd screen for the operator?

Would love to hear something from you.

BTW I agree it would be cool to have an option to toggle audio meters and camera information on/off.

Best from Luxembourg

Marc
doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 4:32:48 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kitter Go to Quoted Post
we prefer bigger camera picture.

Bigger monitor ?

Radiotvpat1982  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 8:50:34 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm not sure losing audio information would be the best option for improving your space. I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer to see that.

If you need a larger look at your cams you can always add a 2nd monitor and assign a custom multiview to that output.
kitter  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 2:18:22 AM(UTC)
kitter

Czech Republic

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
we prefer bigger camera picture.

Bigger monitor ?

"Yes", but "not really" :-). We usually use 24" for replays and could certainly have a bigger one, but that would be some bit harder for transport and carrying to the venues.
I think dropping those infos is better option for us. It would be a better screen space utilization.

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure losing audio information would be the best option for improving your space. I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer to see that.

If you need a larger look at your cams you can always add a 2nd monitor and assign a custom multiview to that output.

We got this audio information at another multiview monitor (used for camera cuts operator).
Our replay operator have actually done custom multiview input couple of times, but he had a hard time to postition it over the replay window.

I'm not calling for firing those infos away, but rather for an option - to be able to fire 'em or leave 'em there :-).
kitter  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2021 3:00:33 AM(UTC)
kitter

Czech Republic

Originally Posted by: mburel1980 Go to Quoted Post
Hey kitter,

I see you are producing Golden League Volleyball. I'm interested in your workflow, in particular how many people you have involved and what is there role.

Also how you are handling the replays... is it on a 2nd, 3rd screen for the operator?

Would love to hear something from you.

BTW I agree it would be cool to have an option to toggle audio meters and camera information on/off.

Best from Luxembourg

Marc

Thank you for your interest :-)
Yes, it was a Golden League, but it was one-time event for us as other production companies were busy with other events. It is usually broadcasted by national television company (Czech TV - Ceska televize) - something like BBC in UK. But speaking of volleyball, we have broadcasted all matches for one team attending Czech national league in 2020/2021 season.

At events like this, we have 4 cameras with their operators, one replay operator (for all 4 cameras) (and his screen #1), one camera cutter (and his screen #2 with multiview or vmix itself), usually co mmentators (with screen #3 with live output picture) and (usually) me :-) (doing initial set-up, providing eventual tech support (the headscratching :-) ) and taking care of the score during the match).
Camera cutter (what is a correct english naming for it :D ?) watches the screen but controls vMix through laptop using vMix Web Controller interface.
You can watch our work here - last league playoff match of Prague volleyball team: https://www.czechvolley....&mid=1696&icon=0
And by the way - final playoff match of a futsal (soccer in a hall) league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIC8fzJtdA
Roland083  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 6:22:29 PM(UTC)
Roland083

Germany

Hello,

good work with re-doing the Replay functions in vMix24 and adding 4 extra replay channels.
The Replay window Monitors now displays events informations and camera names. But our Replay operator prefers to see whole camera pictures instead of those infos. Is it possible to turn off those informations please? There are black borders on the right of the camera views so there is definitely enough space.
*pic related*

Thanks,
Jakub Rybka

Thank you kitter, our replay operator is facing the same issues. 24" Monitor, but the event information takes up a lot of space so the camera window is smaller then in vMix 23. Surely it is a a matter of habit, but if it's possible to deactive the display of the information would be great. From our side this is the only "negative" issue for vMix 24.
gorbva  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 9:17:31 PM(UTC)
gorbva

Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: mburel1980 Go to Quoted Post
Hey kitter,

At events like this, we have 4 cameras with their operators, one replay operator (for all 4 cameras) (and his screen #1), one camera cutter (and his screen #2 with multiview or vmix itself), usually co mmentators (with screen #3 with live output picture) and (usually) me :-) (doing initial set-up, providing eventual tech support (the headscratching :-) ) and taking care of the score during the match).
Camera cutter (what is a correct english naming for it :D ?) watches the screen but controls vMix through laptop using vMix Web Controller interface.
You can watch our work here - last league playoff match of Prague volleyball team: https://www.czechvolley....&mid=1696&icon=0
And by the way - final playoff match of a futsal (soccer in a hall) league: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIC8fzJtdA

Too many peoples. I stream hockey events with 4 camera setup, so i have 4 operatos only.
My role is:
Camera cutter;
Sound;
Titles;
Replay;
Tech support.

Titles plays in automatic mode. All timing data grabs from game cotroller on referee deck.
Replay plays in semi automatic mode. I just need to wait 3-4 secons after goal scored and press a button.