logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jarmacmedia  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 4:28:21 PM(UTC)
jarmacmedia

Groups: Registered
Canada

Im trying to create some simple, custom virtual sets in photoshop. They are strictly for double boxes, quadboxes, 6 boxes, etc. I want to create the overlay/background and placeholders for my video inputs in photoshop as separate layers, so that I can avoid resizing/cropping in Vmix. Ive created 4 png placeholders and the overlay, all in the correct size, crop and position (relative to a 16:9 frame) and written a basic XML. When i import it in vmix, and swap the virtual set placeholders, the sizing changes to full screen. I want it to work like the multibox virtual sets that are built into vmix already, but need the customization and flexibility of photoshop. Any ideas? Ive attached the files im working with. Moderator.png (11kb) downloaded 2 time(s). 2 Placeholder.png (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 1 Placeholder.png (9kb) downloaded 1 time(s). 4 Placeholder.png (10kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 3 Placeholder.png (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s). 5UP.png (1,507kb) downloaded 0 time(s). config.txt (2kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
doggy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 5:28:16 PM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jarmacmedia Go to Quoted Post
Ive created 4 png placeholders and the overlay, all in the correct size, crop and position (relative to a 16:9 frame) and written a basic XML. When i import it in vmix, and swap the virtual set placeholders, the sizing changes to full screen.

Of course they are , as their x,y and zoom are set for a fullscreen fullsize image/input

Check out existing virtual sets and their xml

also (and there are more)