logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sfxter  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:08:33 AM(UTC)
sfxter

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2021(UTC)
Posts: 3
Lithuania
Location: Vilnius

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to play specific video (index) from video list using vmix api using "SelectedIndex=#" but that does not seem to work.
The user guide tells that
Quote:

Specify an index to pass to the input
The following Inputs support the SelectedIndex parameter:


VideoList: Specify the video to play starting from 1


but if I call
Quote:
/API/?Function=PreviewOverlayInput2&Input=89449750-5866-4f4b-a4fb-f0eccf2907d6&SelectedIndex=2
, vMix plays not the 2nd video from list, but the one that is currently selected.
Any help would be appreciated.


doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 2:16:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,228
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 583 time(s) in 482 post(s)
Do NOT mix up functions please

Is always a good idea to check a function using/creating a shortcut and needed items before attempting to convert it to an function call and claiming it does not work

API.Function("SelectIndex",Input:=25,Value:=2 ) for example in a script or

http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function=SelectIndex&Input=25&Value=2 for use in browser
sfxter  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 7:45:29 PM(UTC)
sfxter

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2021(UTC)
Posts: 3
Lithuania
Location: Vilnius

"SelectIndex" is a function, I found it in shortcuts, this is clear to me.
BUT "SelectedIndex" looks like parameter, which can be used with videolist, virtual set and title. At least it is specified so in online user guide https://www.vmix.com/hel...ex.htm?DeveloperAPI.html
Quote:
SelectedIndex

Specify an index to pass to the input
The following Inputs support the SelectedIndex parameter:

VideoList: Specify the video to play starting from 1
Virtual Set: Specify the camera zoom to transition to
Title: Specify the text item to configure starting from 0


However, maybe anyone have found a solution, how to quickplay a specific item from video list without selecting it before, by using another api call?
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:09:19 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,228
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 583 time(s) in 482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sfxter Go to Quoted Post

However, maybe anyone have found a solution, how to quickplay a specific item from video list without selecting it before, by using another api call?


I gave you the solution

SelectedIndex <> SelectIndex !


SelectedName or SelectedIndex are indeed a parameter like for the SetText function to specifie the textfield by name or index

sfxter  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 10:49:45 PM(UTC)
sfxter

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/2/2021(UTC)
Posts: 3
Lithuania
Location: Vilnius

Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, if I am getting it wrong, but looks like your suggested answer

Quote:
API.Function("SelectIndex",Input:=25,Value:=2 ) for example in a script or

http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function=SelectIndex&Input=25&Value=2 for use in browser


only selects video from list, but does not start playing it. This is not what I am looking for.
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 11:01:07 PM(UTC)
doggy

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 3,228
Belgium
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 583 time(s) in 482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sfxter Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry, if I am getting it wrong, but looks like your suggested answer

Quote:
API.Function("SelectIndex",Input:=25,Value:=2 ) for example in a script or

http://127.0.0.1:8088/api/?Function=SelectIndex&Input=25&Value=2 for use in browser


only selects video from list, but does not start playing it. This is not what I am looking for.


And follow it with a "PLAY" function (if the list is not in general playing already)
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.