logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2018 5:28:19 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Is there a way to hide or show certain layers of a title made in GT? like a shortcut to toggle a layer on or off? I have a graphic with a text box whos background needs to change according to some situations in the game, so right now I've got 3 layers of the different backgrounds, with the text on a 4th layer on top. If I can somehow disable say, layer 2, and enable layer 3 this would give me the effect I'm after. I assumed with layers in GT this should be possible, I just can't figure out how.
Ash  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 8:41:16 AM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi

You can toggle layers / objects on and off using the PageXX GT feature.

The pic below shows a rough setup all you need to do is to stack the rectangles.

Will need the guys at vMix to advise if the "PageXX" can be controlled using the API

Regards
Ash

Pageing.PNG (106kb) downloaded 43 time(s).

chrisis  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:41:56 PM(UTC)
chrisis

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Is it a toggle though? If I have 2 objects, is there a way to turn them on and off independently? I've been playing around with pages and it seems as though you have to set each page up with things visible or hidden. So for 2 objects, I need 3 pages set up, 1 page for each object visible on it's own and a 3rd page with both visible.

If I have 3 objects, now I need 3 pages for each individual object, another page for each combination of any 2 visible (so 1-2 1-3 2-3) and then another page with all 3 objects visible at once.

More objects makes even more pages required, surely I'm doing something wrong here?

/edit: to clarify, my experimentation so far seems to indicate that Pages are state recording. Each page has some elements on or off. But pages can't be displayed simultaneously, it has to be one page or another. Is this correct?
rnhturner  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 11:56:59 AM(UTC)
rnhturner

Originally Posted by: chrisis Go to Quoted Post
Is it a toggle though? If I have 2 objects, is there a way to turn them on and off independently? I've been playing around with pages and it seems as though you have to set each page up with things visible or hidden. So for 2 objects, I need 3 pages set up, 1 page for each object visible on it's own and a 3rd page with both visible.

If I have 3 objects, now I need 3 pages for each individual object, another page for each combination of any 2 visible (so 1-2 1-3 2-3) and then another page with all 3 objects visible at once.

More objects makes even more pages required, surely I'm doing something wrong here?

/edit: to clarify, my experimentation so far seems to indicate that Pages are state recording. Each page has some elements on or off. But pages can't be displayed simultaneously, it has to be one page or another. Is this correct?

Currently trying to do the same thing, so following this topic.
TVCOM  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 8:49:05 PM(UTC)
TVCOM

Czech Republic

Hello guys, any progress with this? I am currently creating scoreboard for hockey, handball and florball and i need that for 2min penaltyes. Pages seems to be bad sollution.
Right now my best idea is to create 1 gt for scoreboard 1 gt for home penaltyes (maximum is 2 so i will use several pages as mentioned above) and one gt for penaltyes of away team so i may demant 3 overlays just for scoreboard and penaltyes. Any better idea?
doggy  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 9:02:21 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TVCOM Go to Quoted Post
Any better idea?

stay with classical XAML title for now ?

KJPark  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:45:35 PM(UTC)
KJPark

Man
Norway

Any updates for this?

If I'm not mistaking, a while ago I did see an eye on the different layers. But this isn't there anymore..
doggy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 6:37:36 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KJPark Go to Quoted Post
Any updates for this?

If I'm not mistaking, a while ago I did see an eye on the different layers. But this isn't there anymore..

is still there for while you are designing the title

but one should really check this as solution