logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EGSiegel  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 6:00:00 AM(UTC)
EGSiegel

Groups: Registered
United States

I use VMIX on a laptop to do woodworking demonstrations.
I have 3 webcams connected as inputs.

Most times that I start VMIX (especially if I have disconnected the cameras and used the laptop elsewhere), I bring up my existing preset.
the 3 camera inputs will not display the cameras and I have to "change" each one to connect the appropriate webcam.

Why do they not reconnect? is there anyway to get them to re-establish the connections?
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 8:10:36 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
What do you use to capture those cameras, and do you connect the cameras exactly the same way, in the same port, before you launch vMix.....I have presets, and as long as I launch the preset it shows up my capture card, and my cameras sometimes do not have to be connected....I am using a desktop system so my capture card will show up the same every time....so, try marking the inputs, and connect exactly he same way, and see what happens

EGSiegel  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 3:48:49 AM(UTC)
EGSiegel

United States

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
What do you use to capture those cameras, and do you connect the cameras exactly the same way, in the same port, before you launch vMix.....I have presets, and as long as I launch the preset it shows up my capture card, and my cameras sometimes do not have to be connected....I am using a desktop system so my capture card will show up the same every time....so, try marking the inputs, and connect exactly he same way, and see what happens

These are simple USB webcams.
all plugged in the same ports each time.

if I don't use the laptop elsewhere...everything reconnects (usually, but not always)
if I disconnect and use the laptop (not vmix) elsewhere and then comeback and reconnect (same ports)...I almost always have to re-establish the inputs on my preset.
ask  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 8:16:52 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Sounds like an issue with the power management on the USB Root Hubs. Do a google search on this and use Device Manager to display/change the settings for the hubs.
grantcoll  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 7:49:17 PM(UTC)
grantcoll

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I always use the same USB port for a capture card ( always the same capture card). Sometimes on startup, the video is not showing in the input. I check cables and plugs etc, and if all connected, then Right Click on the Input Preview, and select Reset. This fixes it. My feeling is that Windows has a mind of its own, when it comes to USB ports. So, as the Reset always works, I just accept this quirk.
Grant.