logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Riddlez  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 12:07:04 PM(UTC)
Riddlez

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I'm doing live streaming for rugby. I have the names and numbers of each of the 22 player for each team in an excel spread sheet.

I've made a simple player profile title. On that title are text boxes for: Name, Number and Team.

Instead of having 44 different inputs for each player profile. Is there a way to have one input that I can assign a shortcut, say for player 15, and then it populates that input with player 15's info when pressed?

I saw you can do this through "DataSourceSelectRow" however I have tried it and I can't seem to make it work.

"DataSourceSelectRow" has the option of adding in the which particular data source: 'Excel/CSV,Sheet1,5'. But I can't figure out how you would apply it to a specific Input, title or Text box.

I've had a look through the forum and I haven't found a post that explains it enough and the vMix Documentation is a bit vague on it.

Can someone help me with this?

Cheers

doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 1:51:22 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Have you connected the title to the data source ? Should be the first step. Than you can change the row selectin of the data source manually or with the shortcut to change the actual row data to be displayed.
Riddlez  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 2:21:08 PM(UTC)
Riddlez

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Have you connected the title to the data source ? Should be the first step. Than you can change the row selectin of the data source manually or with the shortcut to change the actual row data to be displayed.

Hi Doggy Thanks for your reply.

The titles are connected to the data source. I assigned both text boxes (name and player number) to their corresponding data columns in the data sources excel document. This happens to be the first row (so basically player number 1 is displayed).

I'm not sure where to go from here to make it go to another row. How does "DataSourceSelectRow" know I only want to change this particular titles data, when I don't specify this title anywhere in the shortcut?

doggy  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 4:03:07 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Both are separate in a way: the title is connected to the datasource and the data displayed in the title is that of the selected row in the data source table (might check if the connection is set to "selected row" in the title editor instead of a specifc row)

the shortcut ( or manually clicking on another row in the data source table) just selects another row so no need to make a relation with the title there as it is already set in the title

as such one can have the same dat displayed in different titles too

have you checked some of the vMix videos on their YT channel ?
jdeaver0  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2021 2:59:53 AM(UTC)
jdeaver0

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
DataSourceSelectRow will change the selected row on the data source. This will affect all titles assigned to that data source.

One way you might use it is say you have several inputs that each bring up a player graphic, and you then want to DSK/overlay a title with player info using only one title for the show.
In each input, you would have a OnTransitionIn trigger that is DataSourceSelectRow to select the row with the proper player data. This would make the title have the proper info when you then DSK/Overlay it.

If you are using several titles and want to change data for each title separately. Either have seperate data sources or look at title presets in the title input and look at SetPreset

Hope this helps clear it up.
Riddlez  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:00:19 PM(UTC)
Riddlez

Thank you for your replies.

I got it working. It was having the connection set to "selected row" that was the problem. I had each textbox connected to a specific row and column not "selected row".

I saw what jdeaver0 said about having separate data sources or title presets too. That has cleared it up for me as well!

Thanks again!