logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pstone  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:37:55 AM(UTC)
pstone

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've noticed that when taking say 3 vmix calls and just using vmix live, no issues. However if one of the callers for some reason calls on a WIFI/Cell connection, the time delay begins to creep pretty bad and after a minute or two, they're 10-30 seconds behind and lagging more every minute.

Same for trying to multirecord all 3 callers - then it all goes to hell with all 3 streams which started off pretty much in sync begin to go all over the place and it's a mess.

Is there a setting somewhere to sync streams to clock to it's constantly recovering properly?

I'm running vmix on an ASUS ROG laptop in it's native SSD environment and a GeForce RTX 2070 on a 700/700 corporate network connection as well as testing at home on a 1g down/40mb up connection.

Return streams to all callers is like 360p so hardly any bandwidth going back to them but side by side, yea, it's just going to hell in a hand basket :(

UPDATE: Testing more and the audio is in sync but on the WiFi (iPhone 12 Mini web client) - the video is lagging way way way behind and getting worse.
UPDATE 2: On my Android Samsung Ultra 21+ same WiFi it works just fine.

This may be a Safari on iPhone 12 Mini issue?
thanks 1 user thanked pstone for this useful post.
someblue on 5/5/2021(UTC)
mavik  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 5:28:51 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
That's the downside of webRTC.
SRT might be the alternative. It's supported by vMix as well.
Another option is medialooks VT. There you are able to lock the latency to a given value.
thanks 1 user thanked mavik for this useful post.
someblue on 5/5/2021(UTC)
someblue  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:05:54 AM(UTC)
someblue

United States

LOTS of good information here. good testing strategy. Thanks for the updates.

Originally Posted by: pstone Go to Quoted Post
I've noticed that when taking say 3 vmix calls and just using vmix live, no issues. However if one of the callers for some reason calls on a WIFI/Cell connection, the time delay begins to creep pretty bad and after a minute or two, they're 10-30 seconds behind and lagging more every minute.

Same for trying to multirecord all 3 callers - then it all goes to hell with all 3 streams which started off pretty much in sync begin to go all over the place and it's a mess.

Is there a setting somewhere to sync streams to clock to it's constantly recovering properly?

I'm running vmix on an ASUS ROG laptop in it's native SSD environment and a GeForce RTX 2070 on a 700/700 corporate network connection as well as testing at home on a 1g down/40mb up connection.

Return streams to all callers is like 360p so hardly any bandwidth going back to them but side by side, yea, it's just going to hell in a hand basket :(

UPDATE: Testing more and the audio is in sync but on the WiFi (iPhone 12 Mini web client) - the video is lagging way way way behind and getting worse.
UPDATE 2: On my Android Samsung Ultra 21+ same WiFi it works just fine.

This may be a Safari on iPhone 12 Mini issue?

pstone  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:35:18 AM(UTC)
pstone

United States

Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
That's the downside of webRTC.
SRT might be the alternative. It's supported by vMix as well.
Another option is medialooks VT. There you are able to lock the latency to a given value.

Agreed but I like vmixcall's video return and mix-minus solution which I think you would loose jumping to SRT.
I have used SRT with Larix and it worked brilliantly just recording verbatim a multistream of 6 people so that was awesome. Had to do some converting up the yinyang to get a working mp4 out of it but doable.
pstone  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:26:15 AM(UTC)
pstone

United States

Ya know - I wonder if the nice folks at vmix can change their vmixcall.com website to utilize SRT instead if they are in fact using webRTC for their transport.
mavik  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 2:52:21 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 146 post(s)
The medialooks VT includes a browser based guest with two way video audio as well. Mix minus is just a setting to enable. Multiple audio tracks are supported as well.
Maybe worth a look. They have some YT videos that exlain it relatively good. PM me if you need a test. I have bought a license.