logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:42:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 2012 v1 has been released.
Full details available on the Download page:

http://www.vmix.com.au/download.aspx

Please report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Enjoy!

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ELCHAPIN on 10/24/2011(UTC)
melody  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 5:30:34 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin,

this new v12 is working realy nice. thank you for another great release of vmix.
mpeg-2 recording... what a nice step ahead, but recording still with no sound recorded. we decided to record the sound in another computer to edit later. now the recorded services at my church are around 30GB - 35GB, 4h... (200GB before... realy huge)

multicorder feature is working realy wonderfull, great job, you are the best... but i just cant select diferent folders for inputs. is there a way to do that?

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
melody  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:32:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin, you realy need to know this...

yesterday i upgraded my graphic card from geforce 9600gt 512mb to ati 5750 hd 1gb and now i dont have any more artifacts at vmix virtual device, now the final result is clean.

thank you for attention, regards...
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
gergelias  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:21:05 AM(UTC)
gergelias

Groups: Registered

Hi Martin - am loving this software. Excellent work. Could you please advise me on the best settings to get a clear sharp video recording(high res) using vMix? Thanks.
admin  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 3:29:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Gergelias,

If you are using Intensity or Decklink capture cards I recommend recording to AVI using the DeckLink MJPEG Compressor as the codec and setting the size to match the size of your capture devices.

If you let me know some information about your intended setup I can provide some more specific advice.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:52:03 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hello, Martin,

I just wanted to summarize my wishlist for the next vMix release :-)

1. RTMP input support would be very appreciated, allowing to do live production for events that take place far away. I know that some guys would also appreciate RTSP input which makes it possible to attach remote IP cameras.
2. We are very grateful for the video delay input, which works like a charm for sports events. The only thing - it would be good to use it not only for video output, but for any video input. Meaning if there are 5 video cameras attached, I would like to choose which camera or cameras to delay.
3. I have noticed an audio/video desync for USB capture device Hauppauge Live 2 since the latest (?) vMix version for up to 1 second. I wlll check if this can be solved via entering ms in audio mixer, however this is a new problem.
4. Missing audio input problem for HDMI input ExpressCard that I wrote about before

Thanks,
Dundurs

P.S. To support your hard work, just bought another licence :)
dundurs  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 10:26:45 AM(UTC)
dundurs

One more thing:

5. I recently tried to broadcast a conference with 10+ speakers, and it was quite hard to manage the subtitles due to never ending scrolling. Without mouse it is next to impossible to turn on the correct input effectively. Perhaps it is possible to make input and output windows smaller to have more inputs displayed at the same time? Also I guess displaying 40 color inputs with two overlays - correct camera and subtitle might became a problem for cpu/graphic card to handle? Perhaps some inputs can be rendered as static shot similar to the approach used in wirecast? (no point to have a dynamic image in 40x30px window :) )
admin  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 4:12:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Dundurs,

In vMix 2012 substantial improvements have been added to help with performance when using a large number of inputs.
For example, images, titles etc are handled as static shots and are only rendered once.
Also the advantage of scrolling is any input out of view is not rendered at all (video or otherwise).

I am open to suggestions to improve access to a large number of inputs. One thing you could try is mapping each input to a key on the keyboard which would allow you to load
an input that is not currently in view. You could map it to the Preview window (the "PreviewInput" function), so you could quickly toggle through all the inputs before choosing one to become live or you could map the key to show it directly as an overlay.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 5:26:00 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Input-to-key mapping could work, I will try it in a live production, however 20+ titles might require to have a printed list of keystrokes vs. inputs laying around.
Another approach would be to make input windows smaller so that more of them can be displayed at the same time on more than one row. Also output windows can be made smaller to give more space for input windows.

I few more ideas from my perspective regarding the construction of input or shot:

1. shot overlays are not limited to size, position, count. meaning that from shot editor you can add/remove as many overlays as you want to, change the size and position of them. in vMix case the overlay construction is done using three different paths (which is fine, but not convenient for first time user): 1)overlay button; 2)1 and 2 buttons; 3) Multiview tab. At the end number of overlays is limited, overlay position and size is somewhat limited (for example using multiview tab I can only select the pre-defined positions, and not create my own, for example, when two video inputs are partially one over other. I can probably manage that using the overlay button, but this can only be done once). In this case the great vMix option to use existing shot as an overlay for new shots comes in handy, allowing to create base shots for cameras (removing black margins, doing some color adjustment, adding logotype, etc) and then using them during the creation of the actual shots to be used during live production - cam+subtitle, multiviews and so on.

2. the first layer on shot is just another overlay, therefore the shot is not a dedicated camera/color/something shot, but rather a common shot that can have any type of overlays. For example, at this point in vMix there is no way to add an underlay camera. To create 20 subtitles shots with camera and subtitle, I have to first create 20 subtitles, and after that 20 color+camera+subtitle shots. Making first layer on shot just another overlay can be simply added or removed would solve this problem. Making possible to change the priority of overlays of shot would make this process even more user friendly (to bring certain shot to frontor send to back).

3. possibility to choose if this shot is displayed static or dynamic. Static would work for conferences and discussions when there are 50 participants that each require a different cam+subtitle and director has to see all of them on one screen to quickly find the right one. Dynamic would work for cases with 6 live camera inputs to choose the best one based on preview. And it is good to hear that there are already some things done to make projects with large number of inputs perform faster.

4. you can decrease/increase the shot size, leaving the shot title intact. to deal with large number of shots and quickly find the right one

5. you can copy/paste shots, hence making easy to create another subtitle based on previous shot. if you have done some hard work creating and polishing a base shot (cropping the camera to get rid of black margins, adjusting colors and so on, this might come in handy), however, this can also be solved using 1.

6. the sound is just another overlay on shot, hence you can prepare shots with any number of sound inputs, different shots with different sound inputs

7. you can change the order of the shots by dragging and dropping. this comes in handy when having a large number of shots to sort them according to event scenario

Hope, some of this might become useful,
Dundurs
admin  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 6:32:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dundurs,

Thanks for your input, I will read through them in depth when I can.
Regarding point 1, in vMix 2012 v1 under the Input -> Position tab you can select
custom sizes for each multiview overlay so you can customise the presets.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 6:41:09 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that you can choose position for any overlay, I will definitely try this.
Mauro Cesar  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:07:28 PM(UTC)
Mauro Cesar

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I was excited and bought 4 Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for use with Vmix, but windows 7 can enable only a Blackmagic. My laptop dell vostro 3450 has only two USB 3.0 ports. When I connect the second Blackmagic in another USB port, the message "the driver does not have enough bandwidth to blackmagics Intensity shuttle, 1_% of the requested bandwidth of the bus." I bought two 4-port USB 3.0 hub, but also does not enable other Blackmagics. Do you have any solution?

Sincerely,

Mauro
admin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Mauro,

Please look at the documentation regarding the intensity shuttle on the Blackmagic-Design web site.
They say you need a dedicated USB 3.0 card for each shuttle device and cannot use a USB hub.

This is due to the fact that each shuttle device needs the full USB 3.0 bandwidth to work.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Famous Pictures  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:39:30 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I noticed the recording settings are not saved. I use WMV and need to reenter the settings every time I restart the program. The only item that is saved is the filename and audio delay.

Any user configurable vMix setting should be saved in the preset.

Also, feature requests:

Master volume VU meters visible on the display. Only way to see them now is by opening the mixer window. I use an external hardware mixer and it would be nice to monitor my levels on the display, preferably near the video output window.

Store the program window size settings. I have to resize the program window each time I start the program.

Thanks!

dundurs  
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 3:35:17 AM(UTC)
dundurs

6. Resync option is automatically deactivated after stopping the recording. It should be left active.
dundurs  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 4:37:23 AM(UTC)
dundurs

7. I tried to input a new virtual capture device Medialooks MediaBridgein vMix, but it does not work. I also sent an error message via vMix interface.

MediaBridge allows to redirect rtsp/http stream to a virtual device that it creates. The software is available here for download and is very easy to use: http://www.medialooks.co...s/multimedia_bridge.html
admin  
#17 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 7:19:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Dundurs,

Unfortunately the MediaLooks multimedia bridge has a few bugs in it. The error vMix receives is generated by the bridge itself so there isn't much we can do about it.
That said rtmp support is coming in the next version of vMix.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#18 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 7:29:54 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:
Hi Dundurs,

Unfortunately the MediaLooks multimedia bridge has a few bugs in it. The error vMix receives is generated by the bridge itself so there isn't much we can do about it.
That said rtsp support is coming in the next version of vMix.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

RTSP support sounds great! Any hint when is the new version coming out? ;)
admin  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:46:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry, to clarify I meant RTMP support. (streaming flash)
RTSP support is not planned as the component licensing costs are quite high and there is little demand at the moment.
dundurs  
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:50:52 AM(UTC)
dundurs

RTMP is even better in my case :)