logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mdifanis  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 8, 2021 7:11:02 AM(UTC)
Mdifanis

Groups: Registered
United States

Having now used vMix on a couple of high performance mobile workstations, I just wanted to let folks here know that my 4 pound HP Zbook G7 create has proven to be a vMix monster—better than my previous year’s HP Zbook 15 G6, which is nearly twice the size and weight.

I’ve been able to run vMix with two 4K capture cards, plus streaming, plus internal 4k recording. But for limited upstream bandwidth at that venue, I would have streamed in 4k. My sample has the top option RTX™ 2080S Max-Q graphics GPU and an i9 CPU.

Last night, I did a live stream with only a single 4k capture device, but I was running two 4k monitors, plus a 1080 projector with full screen program monitor for the on-camera talent to see.

Also, for those who do live streams out in the field, where portability is important, I just recently discovered the IOS Duet app, which allows my Windows notebook computer to recognize my iPad Pro as an external monitor, thereby giving me a very compact option for more monitor space out in the field.

I made the mistake of purchasing just a year ago the even more expensive ZBook 15 G6 with Intel® Xeon® E 2286M vPro™ processor (2.4 GHz, up to 5.0 GHz with Turbo Boost, 16 MB cache, 8 core) + NVIDIA® Quadro® RTX 3000 (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated) (6VD97AV). The reason for such a high-powered purchase was 4k video editing and live streaming. That model was targeted at engineers, 3D work, and ISV. The newer Create model is cheaper and considerably better at 4k video editing and all things vMix.

Hope someone finds this helpful. I wish I had skipped the chunky and expensive purchase of the Zbook 15 G6 last year and simply waited for the G7 create.
Almendro  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 6:29:51 AM(UTC)
Almendro

Mexico

this was very useful tks! We are trying to find a kind of tower hardware solution since our equipment will be fix at the church. Do you recommend any HP model and configuration we could use? we are new in Vmix
Tks
Mdifanis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2021 9:11:54 AM(UTC)
Mdifanis

United States

Hey Almendro! I have zero experience with HP desktops. My mobile workstation experience has been very good, as was my previous experience with Dell Precision Workstations. Don't forget to check out the vMix partner vendors that sell custom systems designed specifically for vMix perofmance: http://easternshorebroad...rald-pc-powered-by-vmix/

Finally, you might also watch the Dell Outlet for premium workstations. I've bought from there over the years. Everything will be preconfigured based on how it was originally sold, but you can find nice discounts there. Both Dell and HP have on-site next business day service and warranty options, too.
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:36:11 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I hate being Mr negative, but it being an HP machine, I expect it to last about 2 years maximum :-(
Mdifanis  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:20:27 AM(UTC)
Mdifanis

United States

Hey Vince! I'm sure HP has earned your cynicism at some point. I will say that after many years of using Dell Precision Mobile Workstations (and some of the desktop Precision Workstations), I switched to HP Zbook machines a few years ago. I'm on my third ZBook, and both earlier models remain very much in service. The Create model that I'm now using, is the most potent set of video/live streaming hardware specs I've ever seen in a four pound package.
Jayme363  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 2:29:39 PM(UTC)
Jayme363

United States

Have anyone compared this with Razer blade 15 Advanced. We are getting i9 with 32 GB RAM 2080 super Max and 4k screen for 2518$, Whats wrong with this deal. ?

They also have vapor chamber cooling

HP's are usually costly, but these are enterprise laptops considered reliable. Can anyone help decide on buying a Razer blase 15 Advanced or HP Zbook create G7?

official website
anveshj  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 8:44:21 PM(UTC)
anveshj

Man
United States

The HP ZBook Create G7 comes within an eyelash of an Editors' Choice award, missing only because it's awfully expensive and a tad hot to the touch. But make no mistake, this is a world-class laptop, combining stunning performance with a spectacular screen, splendid sound, and the superb design and engineering we've seen in ZBook workstations. Any visual or multimedia professional would be lucky to have one.