logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SHMD  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 2:00:53 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello,

I have read through most of the audio issue with previous versions of vmix call and have not found a solution that seems to fix the issue I have run into.
Last night when doing a broadcast with 4 remote guests all coming in on vmix call and me doing all the switching and production on vmix. I had no local video source and it seemed like the callers coming in would jump/drop to catch up in time as some of the delays where pushing 500 to 800ms.
Is this an issue that can be fixed with a vmix setting?

I would like to use SRT - but after testing with a couple of show guests over the past couple of weeks they could not figure out how to use SRT so I am stuck with vMix call at this point as it is easy for guests to connect via a browser. This is a customer coming over from streamyard so they want to know why the audio is terrible... so I am trying to figure this out.

Any help or previous experience on some things to try would be great as I have spent most of last night and today doing testing and still seem to get these audio drops which I think is vmix trying to sync the delays in the incoming vmix calls?

I am running the latest version of vMix Pro (.56)

Thanks for any ideas or observations that may point me in the right direction with this issue.

I would hate to have them go back to streamyard over audio issues.

-s
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 3:44:27 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
vMix call is based on webRTC with all the pros and cons it brings. The best option is to toggle the P2P setting. This may help if the network allows it.
You also mentioned SRT and there is an easy to use solution from Medialooks that integrates well with vMix. Guest can join via the browser as well.
nickwalsh721  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:34:02 AM(UTC)
nickwalsh721

United States

Rivet.stream is another solution for SRT - you'll have to configure with your IPs/Ports on your side, but the user will just needs to click on a link.