logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlosvv  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:43:44 PM(UTC)
carlosvv

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there guys!

I have a problem with the NDI Desktop capture ;(

I'm running vMix in one PC and a PowerPoint presentation in a different PC, and when they are both connected via ethernet cable to the same router, all works flawlessly. I LOVE IT!!!

BUT the problem is when I connect both laptops to my phone hotspot. Then, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it?

This is very important, because in a lot of venues, their WIFI connection is worst than my 4G connection, so I tend to hotspot my phone, connect my vMix to it, and LIVE stream to FB or whatever is required. And no problems. But then, I can't bring the presenter PPT using NDI Desktop Capture, because the vMix PC is not able to find the other laptop.

I've been "fixing" this having the PPT locally in my vMix production laptop, but then, I don't have the videos/animations... and I need to be changing the PPT at the same time than the presenter, and "mistakes" happen, you know? hehehe.

Any help or direction would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks!!!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:10:46 PM(UTC)
mavik

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 148 post(s)
NDI and Wifi doesn't fit well. You can get away with NDI|HX over Wifi but I wouldn't recommend a Wifi setup at all.

Option 1: Add the PPT as a source directly in vMix and repeat what the presenter does.
Option 2: On the presenter PC select to present online. Add the url of the presentation as a website into vmix
Option 3: Use a HDMI splitter and capture the presenter PC with a capture card. If the distance is too long convert to SDI or use CAT extenders.
Option 4: Use a NDI encoder and use the HDMI loop out to the beamer. Run the encoder over LAN to your vmix
Option 5: Use the PPT to NDI app remove the background and do fancy overlays
Option 6: Use expensive 10G SDVoE appliances to get the HDMI from the presenter in real time into your capture card.
Option 7: Use the Newtek Screen Capture HX from the NDI Tools instead of the vMix Desktop capture. This may work better over Wifi. I haven't tested.