logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikesg  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 5:36:26 AM(UTC)
mikesg

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm trying to be able to send commands to my cameras via my XKeys. VMix uses NDI command and PTZ Optics seems to promote Visca in their command reference (see attached, and PDF ref.). I'm just not getting how to do this and am wondering if it's possible. I would like to be able to recall and set cameras PTZ presets but I'm sure other useful things as well. I'm capable of understanding technical things but feel like I'm just missing my starting point. Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-03-14 122954.png (16kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
howartp  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 5:13:53 AM(UTC)
howartp

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi Mike

This isn't a vMix response as I've only just joined the vMix world, but i've been using the Visca protocol for a couple of years with ShowCueSystems.com and an XKeys interface.

The screenshot you posted is for serial (RS232) communication and it's this i'm familiar with; someone else may be able to answer if Visca-over-IP can be used in the same way and/or with vMix.

SCS supports serial communication, so it sends the commands shown to a serial port (COM1) which is connected to my Sony EVI-D70 cameras in series.

I may end up using the XKeys in SCS (as I do now) but have it additionally send MIDI to vMix to trigger inputs.

Peter