logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MartLeib  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 10:17:52 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Groups: Registered
Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Has anyone else tried Audio only streaming in Larix Broadcaster? You can enable it in Settings -> Connections -> (Connection) -> Mode -> Audio only

It would seem that vMix 23 does not know what to do with it. You can add SRT input, it shows up but without audio. Statistics window shows that vMix has a connection with Larix Broadcaster and bandwidth is being used and Total Data is increasing. I tried with and without Hardware decoding, still not working.

To confirm that the issue is on the vMix side I tested VLC (Netowork stream), OBS (Media Soruce), ffmpeg (ffmpeg -i srt://...), ffplay (ffplay srt://..) - stream works in all of them as expected - only the audio track is being received.

When I set Larix to Video only or Video & Audio, everything works as expected in vMix.

Tested vMix 24 as well. Same problem.
thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
TommyS on 3/30/2021(UTC)
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 6:48:43 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi !

I have not tried to replicate your issue but I'm not surprized. vMix expects a video codec and framerate to work. I wouldn't call it a problem, but rather a logical behaviour...

I'm always wondering why people try to use some tools to do things they are not designed to...

There are many other solutions for audio only streaming from a smartphone to a PC, either from the same network (bluetooth, wifi...) or over the internet...

Or, if you want to stick to Larix anyway, you can easily route audio from VLC/FFMPEG/OBS to vMix either by IP protocol or just a VB cable...
calamityjane  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 6:34:55 AM(UTC)
calamityjane

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am attempting Remote Commentary using vMix.

I want to send my PxP guy the video and have him send back the his audio (remote commentary) via SRT but audio only, is this official it doesn't work audio only. I am thinking video will add latency.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Whit