logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Softrax  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 11:43:02 AM(UTC)
Softrax

Groups: Registered
Australia

I would like to create 2 live streams with different camera selections. So, for example, camera 1, 2, 3 to go to one stream and cameras 1,2, 4 to go to another. Cameras 1 and 2 would simultaneously go to both streams, when selecting camera 3 on one stream, camera 4 should go to the other at the same time.

Is that possible with the current vMix, is that a future requested feature, or can I run 2 instances of vMix. It would be great to be able to automate that so only one operator is needed.

doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:15:34 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Softrax Go to Quoted Post
I would like to create 2 live streams with different camera selections. So, for example, camera 1, 2, 3 to go to one stream and cameras 1,2, 4 to go to another. Cameras 1 and 2 would simultaneously go to both streams, when selecting camera 3 on one stream, camera 4 should go to the other at the same time.

Is that possible with the current vMix, is that a future requested feature, or can I run 2 instances of vMix. It would be great to be able to automate that so only one operator is needed.

Sure it is possible , no need to jump on the feature request bandwagon to quickly ;-)
Of course y can run 2 instances of vMix if you have 2 licenses (at best on different computer)

A lot will depend on your workflow and also your license version.

on can stream to 3 locations with 3 different outputs, or the same outputs but with different overlays deactivated. So you could have both 3 & 4 camera overlay'd and and have the active/not active in the output your streaming with.

one could work with the one input returned back in and have another cam layer added and stream the different inputs

look into triggers for bonus points

thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
Softrax on 2/24/2021(UTC)
Softrax  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:31:07 PM(UTC)
Softrax

Australia

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know I shouldn't use the feature request... I just wasn't sure if this was even remotely possible or even a reasonable thing to be able to do ;-)

But many thanks for your kind response. I will experiment with the overlays and the outputs.
Softrax  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 11:29:29 PM(UTC)
Softrax

Australia

wow, that's a great feature.

Tim from vMix has also done a tutorial at

But, for anyone else asking the same question, it only works in the 4K and Pro editions. I have the HD edition and it only allows 1 output, which is why I couldn't find it in the software. Time for an upgrade!
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 11:41:43 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Softrax Go to Quoted Post

But, for anyone else asking the same question, it only works in the 4K and Pro editions. I have the HD edition and it only allows 1 output, which is why I couldn't find it in the software. Time for an upgrade!

Guess that when there are replies to some "fancy" request one can assume one has to tools for that ;-)