logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SethJames9000  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
SethJames9000

Groups: Registered

We always have a countdown clock for live presentations. The Dsan Limitimer I think its called. You can set a total time displayed in green, a time it turns yellow, and a time it turns red. Then when time is up, it counts up to show the presenter how much time they have gone over.

Seems like this would have been addressed but I have searched the web and forum and dont see any mention of this???

I have attempted to create something similar with 4 XAML clocks. This clock should be a total of 15 seconds, turn yellow at 10 seconds, and red at 5 seconds. So I set the first countdown (Green) for a duration of 5 seconds and stop time 10 seconds. The next (Yellow) duration of 5 seconds and stop time 5 seconds. Last, (Red) duration of 5 seconds and stop time 0.

I use a trigger on countdown completion cut to the next clock. I can get it to cut to the next clock but the clock wont start. I have checked automatically play with transition but the clock wont start unless I right click and press play in the title editor.

What am I missing? There must be a way to get the clock to start on transition???

Or even better, is there an actual event clock somewhere in VMix that I just am not finding?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2021 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SethJames9000 Go to Quoted Post

I have attempted to create something similar with 4 XAML clocks. This clock should be a total of 15 seconds, turn yellow at 10 seconds, and red at 5 seconds. So I set the first countdown (Green) for a duration of 5 seconds and stop time 10 seconds. The next (Yellow) duration of 5 seconds and stop time 5 seconds. Last, (Red) duration of 5 seconds and stop time 0.

That's a bit of overkill for just a change of color based on time
Could use scripting https://forums.vmix.com/posts/m73500-Scripting-for-Dummies#post73500

Quote:

I use a trigger on countdown completion cut to the next clock. I can get it to cut to the next clock but the clock wont start. I have checked automatically play with transition but the clock wont start unless I right click and press play in the title editor.

What am I missing? There must be a way to get the clock to start on transition???

Automatic play is for videos and such . Countdown is part of a title and basically while one can start a specific countdown one cannot select on which one if multiple are set within a title
but anyway have you tried the startcountdown function ?

Quote:
Or even better, is there an actual event clock somewhere in VMix that I just am not finding?

There is : "Production clock" but doesn't change colors
SethJames9000  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 4:02:39 AM(UTC)
SethJames9000

Thanks, I will look into scripting