logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TYPLive  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 8:33:16 AM(UTC)
TYPLive

Groups: Registered

Really struggling to find a fix of vMix Replays stuttering every so many frames.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x (Running Precision OC to around 4.3GHz)
Replays saved to a m.2 Samsung evo pro SSD
32GB Ram
GTX1060 6GB

Currently have the high performance boxes ticked.
Big cause seems to be when the capture cards are plugged in but I'd have thought 3 capture cards going through a B550m and 1 going through a pcie usb card be running okay to not cause this stuttering.

tia
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2020 10:02:07 PM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Do you happen to have Dropbox running maybe? We have framedrops when Dropbox is running in the background, even while doing nothing.
thanks 1 user thanked MartLeib for this useful post.
bgbenni on 3/9/2021(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 10:52:31 AM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If you are not seeing drops in the live preview but only the playback here are a couple things to check.

Make sure that all your cameras match the actual input in replay. For example if your camera is outputting 1080p but your replay is setup to take in 720p. I have saw this happen a number of times. Next version of VMIX replay allows for this.

Are any of your inputs NDI?

Last thing to check is to stop recording and just try to play them back without also recording. If this clears things up, its likely something to do with your drive.

Hope this helps

hadphild  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2020 10:01:27 PM(UTC)
hadphild

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Are you using companion?
gorbva  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:18:55 PM(UTC)
gorbva

Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hadphild Go to Quoted Post
Are you using companion?

Do you mean Companion for Elgato Stream deck? How this soft affect to Instant Replay?
VideoPepper  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 1:24:28 AM(UTC)
VideoPepper

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
If you are not seeing drops in the live preview but only the playback here are a couple things to check.

Make sure that all your cameras match the actual input in replay. For example if your camera is outputting 1080p but your replay is setup to take in 720p. I have saw this happen a number of times. Next version of VMIX replay allows for this.

Are any of your inputs NDI?

Last thing to check is to stop recording and just try to play them back without also recording. If this clears things up, its likely something to do with your drive.

Hope this helps

Hi,

We have the same issue with replay. The recordings are fine. They play back alright in VLC. We did notice that it only seems to affect NDI sources. We have one SDI source in replay and that doesn't have the issue. Why do you think NDI could be a cause?
Radiotvpat1982  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 11:27:24 PM(UTC)
Radiotvpat1982

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Here are some things to try for NDI.

First, make sure the NDI output is set to a framerate as close to the other cameras as possible. As an example, if your camera wont output 59.94 output then do 60FPS. Keep in mind this is different than the physical outputs. There are people that miss that difference.

Next, assign that NDI source to an output on VMIX. So for example assign NDI camera XXXX to output 2. Then see if that corrects the issue. If those 2 things are in place then frame sync should be pretty close. Is your camera running full NDI or NDI-HX?

VideoPepper  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 7, 2021 9:28:09 PM(UTC)
VideoPepper

Man
Netherlands

Originally Posted by: Radiotvpat1982 Go to Quoted Post
Here are some things to try for NDI.

First, make sure the NDI output is set to a framerate as close to the other cameras as possible. As an example, if your camera wont output 59.94 output then do 60FPS. Keep in mind this is different than the physical outputs. There are people that miss that difference.

Next, assign that NDI source to an output on VMIX. So for example assign NDI camera XXXX to output 2. Then see if that corrects the issue. If those 2 things are in place then frame sync should be pretty close. Is your camera running full NDI or NDI-HX?

Thanks.

All framerates are the same. I think vMix gives an error in the Replay settings if they don't match up.

We use Bird-Dog Studio devices and a few P200 camera's, so everything is Full NDI. Five NDI camera's in total, they come in through their own network and router. From the router on fiber to the vMix system. Two NDI-camera's and one SDI are used in Replay. SDI is not affected.

Not sure if I understand putting the camera's to different outputs. Do you then use the output as an input in Replay? We could try that.
ryanlehms  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 31, 2023 10:50:00 PM(UTC)
ryanlehms

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I ran into this same issue and couldn't find the thing that fixed it for me anywhere in these forums, so here's a suggestion for anyone else who stumbles across this post as I did:

Machine Specs:
Intel Core i9-13900K CPU
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard
64 GB RAM
RTX 4090 24GB Video Card
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2 NVME Solid State Drive (x3)
Windows 10 x64 Pro
vMix Pro - v26.0.0.45

Problem:
vMix Instant Replay playback would stutter while ingesting NDI feeds. If recording was paused, playback would perform better. I have Replay configured to use a dedicated Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB drive. I noticed within Task Manager that under disk usage for this particular drive, the average response time would also rise above 200 ms when the stuttering occurred.

Fix:
Because I have a dedicated drive for replays, I was able to perform a diskpart/ clean procedure. Subsequent testing has shown that this has fixed my particular issue.

X-posted on other similar vMix forum posts for visibility via Google searches. I hope this helps someone else in the future!
thanks 1 user thanked ryanlehms for this useful post.
VideoPepper on 9/1/2023(UTC)
VideoPepper  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2023 3:02:30 AM(UTC)
VideoPepper

Man
Netherlands

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll keep that in mind for when it occurs again.

We're getting a completely new set-up next week. Hopefully it doesn't have the same issue. But it might come back over time and your tip is worth trying.