logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Element III  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 11:43:13 PM(UTC)
Element III

Groups: Registered

Hello, we are in 2021 and Vmix still does not support the web m and when we find a solution by using the browser also we realize that these performances are catastrophic .... I start 5 browser in vmix my cpu is 100%, I do the same in obs with 10 browser 3% CPU ??? how is it possible that in 3 years we are not a functional tool while OBS, Discord, two free software works wonderfully ???
I will sadly go back to OBS since vmix team doesnt work on good things :/
Good luck bye .
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 5:28:06 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I used 8 browsers just last week to capture auction lots, along with 80 other inputs, mix of NDI and 3 4K cmarea feeds in virtual sets, recording and sreaming to 2 locations. Not even close to maxing out an i9X, I think was sitting at 10 percent. what's your setup?

I've seen a new Dekll PC crawl to a halt with a simple browser, it depends on what's in the browser and what else is running on that VMix machine, like for example Youtube and Vimeo dashboard, that will absolutely take down any VMix setup.
Element III  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 9:35:21 AM(UTC)
Element III

Hi Vince,
Do u use webm video or page like twitch.tv with video on ur web browser ?
I dont think my config is the problem:
Intel I9-10900X
RTX2080 TI 11G
Gigabytes X299X Aorus
DDR4 Corsair 32 GO
Samsuns nvme 1To

When i play 5 twitch browser at same time processor 86% and when i play 5 web browser with webm video 100% processor, and like i said i rework all my vmix session on obs and i have like 2/3% processos with 10+ webbrowser with webm :/
Vince Beck  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

I rarely capture from Twitch, but their interface is an absolute resource hog. If anything, you could capture from another machine using VMix desktop capture.i It doesn’t sound like your machine is the issue, we have near identical specs except that we have Titan RTX cards.

OBS is much less complex than VMix, so I would expect it to be easier on processing. Last question would be, do you have the very latest NVidia driver? Since the previous version causes GPU overload in vMix.
thanks 1 user thanked Vince Beck for this useful post.
sinc747 on 2/21/2021(UTC)
Element III  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 9:43:52 PM(UTC)
Element III

My GPU is ok its only the CPU USAGE i dont why vmix decode with processor ...
Vince Beck  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 3:53:02 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

The thing is there’s nothing to decode. We are talking browser, not video

My guess is that if you opened 10 browser windows with Twitch.tv, your CPU would start spiking as well. Are you capturing chat areas?
Vince Beck  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:17:14 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Just wanted to give a quick update with our 10900X / Titan combination that Twitch.tv will create CPU overlaod. There's a lot on that page though. It might be worth passing it by Martin though, but my undertanding is that browser inputs mostly run on CPU and GPU.
RichDanby  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:27:34 PM(UTC)
RichDanby

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)
For some sites I get better performance with hardware acceleration of the browsed disabled. Definitely worth trying the different versions.

As for webm, why not just convert to a more production friendly codec?
Element III  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 1:56:24 AM(UTC)
Element III

Hey sorry for the time
Thx for ur answer, for the twitch capture i only capture de video live not tchat and for the other answers i dont use other video codec cause its on a web page and overlay are automatised so i need to put web browser to get the update in real time.
And yes vmix take CPU overload really quick
But still no problem with OBS, Now that I have found all the obs plugins, OBS are better than vmix in performance 3% CPU USSAGE against CPU OVERLOAD on vmix :/
I can get multiview, preview, bus monitoring all that i want, i will wait that vmix work on his webbrowser and maybe ill go back to vmix but for now i discover an until new obs and it is very powerful ;)
NiBTour  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 11:41:01 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Yeah i second this complaint. The web browser feature in vMix is broken or doing something way beyond what it needs to do. I'll have a few web browser that brings in real-time overlay data and the send it kicks off, it will bring vMix to a halt where OBS it doesn't even touch it. I try and avoid HTML overlays but in my line of work (esports) their very common. And again the exact same link will not touch OBS but will spike render times and shoot CPU up to the roof for the same overlay alert.

But I also found that unchecking using hardware accelerator sometimes will do the trick but most of the time its a 50/50 shot if that overlay is going to bring my production to its knees. For example, the charity ticker and bar in Streamlabs can kill vMix.

Recap:

3 Streamlabs alerts in vMix using the web browser input can equal 100% cpu and drop frames
The exact same alerts in OBS doesn't even touch the cpu.

But I'm not going to say anything crazy like I'm leaving vMix :) that's just silly talk. but I would like to see a more officiant web browser input.

-King