logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobSealey  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 10:28:50 PM(UTC)
RobSealey

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I came across a strange issue today and perhaps I'm just looking at it wrong, but I can't figure this out.

I have a virtual set with two "screens". I've created two mix inputs and assigned mix2 to the left screen and mix3 to the right screen.

From now on, I'll just refer to mix 2, but the issue is the same for both. The reason I've set it up like this is so that I can have different content on each of the screens and transition between the content. Otherwise I'd have to set up copies of the virtual set with each variation of the content on the screens (VERY MESSY).

I have shortcuts set up for the stream deck as Preview Input (and the appropriate source content) and set it to mix 2 - so in my case, I have 4 buttons, each with different content for mix 2. That bit all works as expected. I also have buttons for cut / fade and merge with shortcuts to perform the transition using preview as the input and again assigned to mix 2 - again, this all works as expected, now for the problem:

The aim is to have activators for each of the input source buttons to show which one is in preview in the mix, and which one is live in the mix. You would think it ought to be simple (and probably is, but I just can't get it to work).

I can set up an activator so that the stream deck button is GREEN if the input is being previewed in the mix, but as soon as I set up an activator to make the same button RED when the input is live in the mix, it cancels out the preview activator.

For the preview activator, I'm using
Event: PreviewInputMix2
Input is set to the content associated with that button.
Type: StreamDeck
Colour: GREEN.
- On it's own, this seems to work fine.

If I then set up a LIVE activator,
Event: InputMix2
Input is set to the content associated with that button.
Type: StreamDeck
Colour RED.
- When I do this, that button turns RED when the input is live in the mix, but no longer goes GREEN when it's in preview in the mix.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated as it's doing my head in.

Thanks all.
NickBosch  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:43:19 PM(UTC)
NickBosch

Germany

Did you get it to work? And how?

Same Problem here.
RobSealey  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 1:54:49 AM(UTC)
RobSealey

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: NickBosch Go to Quoted Post
Did you get it to work? And how?

Same Problem here.

Yes and no.

Basically the way activators work you can only have default and one other activator for any specific key, otherwise Vmix doesn't know what takes priority and would have to check all activators every time there was a change, so you can't actually do what I was trying to do, but there are a couple of solutions.

You could do it with Bitfocus Companion instead of using activators, but the way I've done it is to have a row of "preview" buttons and a row of "program" buttons on the stream deck, and then I've got fade, cut and merge buttons that transition from preview to program. Then for each of the buttons, I've configured default activators for each of the preview and program buttons to have black background, and then activators for the preview buttons to change the background to green if the source is in preview and activators for the program buttons to have a red background if the source is in program. obviously if you hit the prog button for any source, it will transition straight to that input (which could be useful in some circumstances), but otherwise it works exactly as I wanted - just using two rows of buttons instead of one.

Hope that helps.