logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
huggybear  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:07:42 AM(UTC)
huggybear

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hello,
Recently discovered that my Vmix caller can only hear the clips audio on Master. I like to use Bus A to send all clips to for simplicity's sake, but that means the guest cannot hear the clips to react to them. Is there some kind of routing setting that would allow my guest to hear all the clips I am playing through the A Bus? The audio on Bus A is routed to Master (natch) but the guest cannot hear any clip played on Bus A. In settings, Master Audio is set to Cable input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) which goes to streamyard. Headphone output is set to Default Windows Playback Device. Buses A-G are set to enabled. All outputs go to 1+2
dmwkr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:45:46 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
You have to send a different bus (other than Master) as an Audio Source to your callers.

https://www.vmix.com/help23/Mixer.html

Sending Audio Bus to Master
Click the M button underneath buses A-G to include the audio in Master and Headphones.
Note: vMix Call Master/Headphones audio excludes any buses sent to master using this method as doing so would prevent mix minus from working correctly.
DaveT  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 6:49:14 AM(UTC)
DaveT

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yeah, the behavior is intentional but if the return feed was Master and mix-minus occurs via the callers on it, I am not sure how inserting audio into the return feed from another Bus would affect mix-minus.

In our situation, we'd prefer to have all the callers on a Bus but get the return feed via Master where all our playback and other audio is going through. So we can mute/unmute all guests easily just by triggering the "M" button on the Bus level.

Assigning multiple shortcuts to achieve does not feel like an intuitive solution. We assigned ours via a Streamdeck + Bitfocus Companion combo.

A possible solution that just popped into my head, depending on the situation.

Put Callers on Bus A and Bus B - send Bus A as Return
Put Media on Bus A and Bus C

Callers enabled in in Main via Bus B
Media enabled in Main via Bus C

Callers hear each other mix+minus and can hear any media played back.
What's output/recorded via Master is then based on if Bus B and/or C is enabled.