logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Build  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 8:04:30 PM(UTC)
Build

Groups: Registered
United States

Ok so here's a GIF of the render times spiking: https://i.imgur.com/FSFBlgR.gif

So what happens, is whenever I load up a vMix profile for a production, everything starts off fine. But slowly over time, the render time spikes slowly go up. They start low like 7ms, (unnoticeable)
And then keep going up. Over time it will spike to 10ms, 15ms, 28ms, 56ms, etc. Once it gets over 40ms or so, it starts to be quite noticeable on the stream output.
If I leave vMix on overnight, it gets into the hundreds of milliseconds and sometimes crashes at that point. The only thing that fixes it is restarting vMix. But it still creeps back up over the course of 1-2 hours.

This happens the same on my PC, my production partner's PC, and 2 cloud PCs. It happens on vmix v23 and v24.

I've changed every setting in the software, I've tried so many things. I've used different video drivers, a super simple package, I've reinstalled windows and left it on all default settings. I've toggled every performance checkbox in the settings. Nothing fixes it. Literally 4 different computers and it's all the same behavior.

Right now my workaround is to have my OBS encoder computer switch to a scene with a PNG that looks the same as the production package break screen. So when render times get really high, I just throw to break, crossfade in OBS from vMix program output scene to the OBS PNG scene, restart vMix, reconnect vMix calls, get everything in order, and do another crossfade back and continue for another 1-2 hours before doing that whole process again.

while this is workaround-able, it is really really annoying and if anyone has any insights at this point I am desperate. It's been a couple months trying to figure this out.

Is there something in vMix that has a ram leak or something that I shouldn't use? It could be anything but im not a developer so I have no clue.
rollfocus  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 12:23:00 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did you ever find a solution here? I’m experiencing very similar render spikes that don’t increase over time, but are nonetheless persistent on a top-end build.
Build  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 7:15:02 AM(UTC)
Build

United States

I have not sorry. I haven't really been experiencing the issue anymore. Part of it may be my new structure of shows.
I try to reduce vMix calls as much as possible, and I use GT titles for basically everything.

stemcc  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 8:08:18 AM(UTC)
stemcc

Originally Posted by: rollfocus Go to Quoted Post
Did you ever find a solution here? I’m experiencing very similar render spikes that don’t increase over time, but are nonetheless persistent on a top-end build.

I fixed my render spikes for good on a Threadripper 3975 build by disabling vMix's virtual video device (vMix Video/Streaming) in external device settings. I tried everything else I could think of (resizable BAR, high output performance mode, low latency display, changing all monitors to match session frame size and frame rate, etc), and this works 100% of the time. My spikes were around 30ms every couple seconds, hovering between 4ms-9ms when not spiking. With vMix Video disabled on this system, I rarely see render times above 10ms (and never above 12ms or 13ms).

gre2gor  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2022 11:53:26 AM(UTC)
gre2gor

Slovenia

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
vMix's virtual video device? As "sample output" in External?