logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
epeters  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:03:37 AM(UTC)
epeters

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a Black Magic Deck Link Duo 8 bi-directional card installed in my vMix PC. I can verify that I am passing audio on all 8 channels as set to be inputs. I can see audio if I use the Black Magic Media Express software, yet vMix will not see the audio for those same inputs. Is there a limitation with vMix and the audio channels from these cards? I have verified this is not a specific challenge with this particular PC rig as I can replicate the same scenario on other systems.

Even if I select to enable all audio channels on the input in vMix I do not see any audio on channels other than 1 & 2. It's obviously not a PCIe issue as I can see and hear audio inside the Black Magic software.

Does anyone have any experience with these cards?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

EP
epeters  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 3:44:29 AM(UTC)
epeters

United States

Bumping this up in hopes of a reply ...

I am still having a challenge with receiving audio on any other inputs other than 1 and 2 using Black Magic Decklink Quad 2 cards. I have been successful in seeing and hearing audio on all 8 inputs in the Black Magic Media Express software as well as TouchDesigner, so I know the inputs are working, yet in vMix I cannot get any audio just video for inputs 3-8. I have been able to recreate the challenge on 2 x99 systems, as well as 2 brand new z390 systems. I have also been able to swap out decklink cards and the problem persists. I have also installed 2 decklink cards in the systems and can still only get audio on channels 1 or 2 on either card. Video is always there but no audio. I have updated the BM drivers to the latest build, as well as tried older drivers, all yielding the same result.

I have scoured the forums, the BM forums, the Asus MB forums, the Intel processor forums, and even consulted my trusty voodoo doll and peers. All to no avail.

Am I running into a vMix limit or an driver implementation limit? Has anyone been able to get audio on their inputs 3-8 using this card?
Have I done a few too many virtual events and lost my mind? Is there a secret banana function I need to submit a sacrifice for?
I've got chickens ... and I am happy to throw them into a volcano if it helps ...

Any thoughts or rants would be greatly appreciated.

The systems are:
2 x x99 2.4GHz Xenon 10 core, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 2080 Super, Samsung 850 pro boot drive, Samsung 970 media drive, Win 10pro latest build, all drivers up to date
2 x z390 3.6GHz i9 9900k 8 core, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 2070 Super, Crucial NVME boot drive, , Win 10pro latest build, all drivers up to date
Maximus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:26:26 AM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I use Decklink Quad cards and audio is available on all input channels. Are you seeing the audio indicators next to the channel input? Did you select the audio input checkbox when you added the camera input?
Babbit  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:28:25 AM(UTC)
Babbit

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
So the big thing to remember is that you have to select EmbeddedAllChannels, which is sounds like you may have done. Leaving it as the default option won't yield you 8 channels.

Also check the channel matrix to specify which channels you want assigned to the left and right channels within vMix.
epeters  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:47:57 AM(UTC)
epeters

United States

Thank you

No, I am not seeing any audio indicator next to the input or in the audio mixer when using input 3-8. It only works if I select inputs 1 or 2.
Here is what I am seeing...

When inserting the input for Decklink 1 I have selected Decklink 1 for video and 1-2 for audio, and this works as expected with video and audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 2 I have selected Decklink 2 for video and 1-2 for audio, and this works as expected with video and audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 3 I have selected Decklink 3 for video and 3-4 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 4 I have selected Decklink 4 for video and 3-4 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 5 I have selected Decklink 5 for video and 5-6 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 6 I have selected Decklink 6 for video and 5-6 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 7 I have selected Decklink 7 for video and 7-8 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.
When inserting the input for Decklink 8 I have selected Decklink 8 for video and 7-8 for audio, and this works DOES NOT wok as expected and only has video, no audio.

I have done this with inputs of:
1280x720 @ NTSC 59.94p
1280x720 @ NTSC 60p
1920x1080 @ NTSC 29.97p
1920x1080 @ NTSC 30p
1920x1080 @ NTSC 59.94p
1920x1080 @ NTSC 60p

All of these yielded the same results, audio on inputs 1-2 and only video on inputs 3-8.
What am I missing?

epeters  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:52:46 AM(UTC)
epeters

United States

I thought the same thing about embedded all channels and the matrix, but when I do that I still only have audio on channels 1 and 2.
epeters  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 9:22:34 AM(UTC)
epeters

United States

ok, problem solved ...

The audio input pull down is asking you which of the possible 8 channels are being used on that specific SDI line. So unless you have more than 2 channels of audio on that line, your selection will always be 1-2. If you do have more than 2 channels then you can do as mentioned and select all embedded channels, and then pick your selection in the channel mixer or matrix.

Thank you for your suggestions.