logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bfreemannh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:05:30 AM(UTC)
bfreemannh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Folks,

I am trying to figure out my best settings for live 'webcam upload' via YouTube. Not to be confused with google + hangouts or YouTube live, but just using the YouTube 'webcam upload' option under 'upload'. My goal is to just stream live to my channel using two Logitech c-920 webcams, just to eliminate any post uploading steps.

I just need help dialing in the capture and stream settings (resolution, bit rate, frame rate, others) to produce the best quality video that I can achieve with my setup. I am not recording to disk, just straight upload to YT.

I am using an i5 CPU in a decent DEll laptop. It seems handle both identical cameras OK. I have a 15M upload speed. When I upload via the Logitech software, nice smooth HD quality. I'm sure vMix can produce the same but I must be doing something wrong. The documentation is a little weak for someone who is just starting out. I assume my issue has to do with the wmv streaming settings under 'setup' and my output settings under 'Settings'. My cams can output 1920 x 1080 to recording but I would be happy with 720p or anything that looks and sounds nice.
I am able to get decent looking video with higher resolution settings, but my sound is out of sync and I cant seem to make any improvements with audio delay. I have tried -2000 to 2000 with no noticeable change, adjusting under settings\audio. I have about a 3 sec delay, at higher res and the only way I can get it close is by dropping all my res settings to 640x480.

I was hoping to try the RMTP features under 'Steaming' but I can't seem to find the proper addresses and session keys from YT. I suspect they no longer support this kind of upload or I just don't understand what is required to do this on YT.

What would be the best settings for adding my capture devices (c-920 webcams)?

What settings should I use under setup?

What settings should I use under settings?

I might even be missing some critical step that would be obvious to others, I just don't know.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,