logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gbh_uk  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
gbh_uk

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: gbh_uk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: admin Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

The good news is Canon can easily fix this to get it supported in apps like vMix in a future update.

We can work around the limitations of 2 and work on a custom plugin for it if there is a lot of interest, but the limited resolution
and frame rate does limit the potential somewhat so would be interested in hearing your thoughts?

Hi - I'm very new to vMix (and streaming in general really) and am currently in the 60 day trial phase.

I must say that I much prefer vMix to OBS in terms of look-and-feel and functionality, however the only camera that I have available for me to use is a Canon EOS-RP - which works well in OBS with the EOS Webcam utility, but not at all in vMix.

I realise reading through this thread that I'm only getting a resolution of 1024x576. That prompted me to borrow a friend's Logitech Brio and I do feel that the quality and flexibility of the Canon lens more than makes up for the lesser resolution.
For example I can open up the aperture and throw the background into soft focus with the subject still remaining quite sharp. At least sharp enough for a 720p stream. That's nigh-on impossible to achieve with a webcam.

I'm looking into getting a capture card and I'm looking into that but I wasn't really looking to add more kit or spend more money than I have to.

The option I'm using as a workaround is to feed the camera to OBS and output it as a virtual cam and feed it into vMix. But that keeps OBS in the chain.

If I may ask a couple of quick questions with regard to the quoted reply above:

1 - "The good news is Canon can easily fix this to get it supported in apps like vMix in a future update." - has anyone from vMix approached Canon and proposed the 'fix'?
2 - I haven't seen any other responses in the thread to the possible offer of creating a custom plugin to allow EOS Webcam utility to be used in vMix, so I would guess that probably hasn't made it into development?
However there's been over 2,600 views of this thread - which would seem to indicate that there's some interest...

I for one would appreciate a plugin so that I can take OBS out of the mix.

Thanks for your time and many thanks for a great software application.

My 60 day trial has expired so I've no way of knowing if the Canon EOS Webcam software (now that it's out of beta and been formally released) works with vMix.

I'm willing to purchase, but would like to know before I do.

Thanks.
Kotofan  
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2021 6:51:34 AM(UTC)
Kotofan

Groups: Registered
Russian Federation

Translated by GOOGLE. My canon 600D doesn't work in vmix, but works in OBS, skype and the like. You can use NDI Scan Converter (NDI 4 Tools). Webcam capture function. Vmix will connect to the EOS webcam utility via NDI.