logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hassan yaghi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 1:44:47 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Well , i`m confused
why Vmix don't have this prefect GUI like this software http://store.livestream..../pages/livestream-studio
this is the best GUI and software i find , perfect layout and less CPU , i installed it and test it . woow

If vmix don't update its GUI at-least to meet this software i will not upgrade sorry
see this software and its features and u will know what i mean .

http://store.livestream..../pages/livestream-studio

admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 1:57:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

What specifically about that GUI do you find different or more appealing?

There is a huge number of extra features available in vMix which would not all fit into an interface so simplistic.
Just a brief list of features in vMix that you won't find in this program:

1. Support for a large variety of different capture cards and manufacturers
2. Virtual Sets
3. IP Cameras
4. API
5. Web Interface
6. Multiple recording formats
7. Virtual Capture Device
8. Video Delay / Instant Replay
9. Multiple Video Inputs
10. List Inputs
11. Support for many different video formats
12. MultiView Layers
Slideshows, DVDs, Flash, RTMP, PlayLists and so on...

And then there's the price...

Regards,

Martin
vMix
hassan yaghi  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:02:24 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Dear Martin , I`m not talking about the features of VMIX , bro, you are doing a great job with such a software
I`m talking about the GUI interface that could be better , it just ideas man, and i have to tell you .
download the livestream studio and see for your self , it will take a minute bro, just have a look to the interface , and i`m sure you will know what i mean . the better vmix will be the better i will be happy more than u think .

regards
Killerhands  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:38:26 PM(UTC)
Killerhands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've just loaded it up to give it a whirl and I'm not totally impressed by it. It looks flashy but feels really limited O.o

The one super cool this I saw was the options they have for the MultiView Output (They call it 'Multi Screen') on the number of inputs and layout configurations is super amazing. Something like that for vMix.

It has the ability to show 16 inputs on the multiview screen at once and you can drag and drop them to wherever you like for easy configuration.
hassan yaghi  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:40:55 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Dear Martin, I`m not saying anything about the VMIX software , its a great software and i recommend it to my clients , since i build TV stations from 0 , and i`m a developer and media consultant form may major TV station world wide, i also build low cost TV stations that broadcast 24/7 and sport channel for local , cable and satellite TV stations, and here is a recent online web TV that is broadcasting 24/7 using 2 soft wares , one is automation playout and VMIX also .

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/skychannel-tv

just saying to you to check the great GUI for the livetream studio software , the good GUI make it easy to use , that's it dear
no offence .

regards

Damn2Good4U  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:50:22 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
hassan yaghi wrote:
Dear Martin, I`m not saying anything about the VMIX software , its a great software and i recommend it to my clients , since i build TV stations from 0 , and i`m a developer and media consultant form may major TV station world wide, i also build low cost TV stations that broadcast 24/7 and sport channel for local , cable and satellite TV stations, and here is a recent online web TV that is broadcasting 24/7 using 2 soft wares , one is automation playout and VMIX also .

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/skychannel-tv

just saying to you to check the great GUI for the livetream studio software , the good GUI make it easy to use , that's it dear
no offence .

regards

The channel buffers at intervals...

Now back to your demand on vMix GUI... I really do not think GUI is the issue but functionalities and vMix is living up to that.

I am sure, vMix will be worked on in the near future when Martin is more satisfy with loads of functionalities.. We then can be looking at the beauty...

I do understand your argument that beauty can attract more sales... but if a good designer comes up with an idea and a good interface... Martin, I am sure will not turn a blind eye to it... so come up with a FREE GUI and lets keep this amazing software rolling....

hassan yaghi  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:51:27 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

I know that Vmix is the HIT software ever , with the functionality that it use , input and out put .
Vmix software is the best on the market till now , and also they are making this forum to ask the users for extra functionality , this is to be respected from Vmix , about the GUI , its just a matter of a designer to make huge changes in the GUI, since all of us are using vmix for a professional production . but bro GUI is important for a software that is hitting the market , I take that from some clients that want to buy software's , they like VMIX and its amazing functionality , but when they see livestreaming studio GUI they say we need this one same price . and they say, who needs 1000 input ??!! , all we need is a switching software that have around 10 inputs or more ,including a live CG on the same software and not each time they have to update the software.
if you get a look at livestreaming studio software you will know how it works , less CPU too , great user GUI interface and easy to work all in one same software , works best on touch screen too.

I`m not promoting Livestreaming studio here , I love and respect Vmix and i adore this software its amazing and better that any software on the market with its price also .
But Vmix should look at other competitive software's too

My dream is to use Vmix with all its amazing functionality with livestreaming studio GUI interface .

that's all

I hope you get my point guys..
r@wisla  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:09:14 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Hassan, I agree, that livestream studio look nice and is very comfortable.

But list of functions that livestream studio doesn't have was provided here to realize us, that vMix has more functions and that's why its interface is more complicated.

You write about new users, that would like to have vMix livestream-studio-lookalike. Great. But what about users that use vMix now and are used to it? You want to severely change their habits?

Developer needs to be very carefull tinkering with the software GUI. It's not a fast process, sometimes very risky. Personally, I would prefer Martin takes his time for developing more functions then changing GUI.
Bardos59  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:11:27 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I see what Hassan is saying....I say the same thing...vMix is the best I have used, it has the BEST functionality, low CPU usage, but like Hassan, I do agree that for most of us in the production world, like the set up of Livestream, vidblaster, Avtake, and even VJDirector, simply because of their GUI....their layouts are more like hardware layouts, a vertical "T" bar rather that a left to right slider, a switcher that has preview and output buttons that make them more realistic, and this helps with the operator seeing by the numbered button, which input is next, rather than a coloured bar ....This is one thing that is missing from the GUI that most operators would want, as it keeps the realistic look...even Newtek's Tricaster and globecaster, even though they have hardware switchers, still have the switcher as part of the GUI.....

We are only commenting on the GUI, NOT the functionality
davesuemcbride  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 1:56:37 AM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Really should stay out of this, but...

I for one like the way vMix can run day after day with nary a hiccup. Still have CPU left over as well. Plus a few sheckles.

Tried another program last summer. Evaluation period was short, and the blasted thing kept saying 'This is Barney' (or whatever it's name was) every few seconds. Watermark on video made it kind of hard to see. Evaluation ended quite prematurely. It sure had quite the pretty screen though ;)

More to the point, I like vMix's UI. Took me a while to get used to the bottom buttons, but now that I know them it's second nature. I like the way the dialogs are non-modal, though being able to use the escape key to cancel would be nice. May be some tradeoffs that were required there.

Finally, how many software companies have one guy that seems to be able to 'do it all'?
Bardos59  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:21:37 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

@ davesuemcbride: I think you are getting away from what hassan is really saying..he is not talking about the functionality, he is simply dealing with the GUI......what I must say, is that it seems to be based around the system that Sony had some years ago....what I am saying personally is that I tried many others, and all have a switcher, and since vMix has the ability to play from a clip list, the operator does not need to have so many modules open, but can place the video clips in one module, leaving space for other inputs....Martin has done a fantastic job with vMix.....I watched a few episodes of StudioTech, and have seen Martin run through some of the features of vMix....the first time, a few months ago, they tried to stump him with all sorts of features, to which he shows that vMix does it all, and with this new version, has blown away ALL other software out there...there is hardly anything that can not be done in vMix.....all I must say is that when my partner upgrades, I will get the chance to get first hand views on the new features......We used to use vidblaster before, but since we discovered vMix, vidblaster went through the door.......for many reasons.....I also used a tricaster many times, and for me, that is, my personal view.... it all boils down to vMix as not having a built in switcher....other than that.....it is the BEST ........

Thanks Martin