logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
videokadr  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 11:20:35 PM(UTC)
videokadr

Groups: Registered
Man

How to set the Play List in the manual option so that the clip next to the currently played one is displayed in the preview window. E.g. now the file no.2 is being played and the file no.1 can be seen in the preview window, but I need to preview the next file no.3
rayclark138  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:20:51 AM(UTC)
rayclark138

I would like to see something like this as well.

A PreviewPlaylistNext shortcut function would be helpful for my workflow.
Janne Adolfsson  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 10:57:14 PM(UTC)
Janne Adolfsson

+1
ckoester  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2021 1:49:57 PM(UTC)
ckoester

United States

+1

A specific scenario where this would be very useful, is Virtual Inputs with PTZ cameras.

Say the playlist is:

1. Camera 1, PTZ pos A
2. Camera 2, PTZ pos B
3. Camera 1, PTZ pos C
4. Camera 2, PTZ pos D

Generally, PTZ gets pre-positioned when a virtual input goes into preview, so if step 2 (Camera 2, PTZ pos B) would go into preview when step 1 (Camera 1, PTZ pos A) goes live, then on the next transition, the camera would already be where it is supposed to be.

In the absence of that, we see PTZ movement with every step.
Mollertom  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2021 5:02:48 AM(UTC)
Mollertom

Canada

+ 1 for being able to put items into preview especially PTZ presets.

vMix is all about automation and the playlist is already a very handy tool but I want to be able to create a list of camera positions that can be cycled through and I don't want the camera movement seem in the PGM output. If there was a dropdown under setup for each item in the list that is either program or preview this would be very useful to automate things so an operator at a church for example can be doing something else while the camera angles are changing automatically.

I have written a script to accomplish this but the interface and functionality of the playlist is so much better than how I need to have operators interact with it using my script. The operator for me has to put the presets in the order they want them to cycle and add an "*" in the name and my script finds them and deals with the preview portion appropriately so when the Pastor starts preaching they hit a button on the streamdeck to start the cycle and then another one to cancel the script when its over.

I ask this because if I get hit by a bus tomorrow the person after me has this functionality built in natively and if changes are needed this critical feature will be easily managed.

Andreas O  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2021 8:35:49 PM(UTC)
Andreas O

Norway

I too want this. I use a similiar flow for my Countdowns and Titles, where I have a list of Countdowns and GT Titler Lower Thirds that I scroll through using my streamdeck, then a "cut" button I use to send it to Overlay 1. Using Companion, I can even see the title of the currently mapped Overlay on my Streamdeck.

MicrosoftTeams-image (16).png (220kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Doing this for PTZ camera angles would be great.