logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kclark  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:56:03 AM(UTC)
kclark

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm getting my Xkeys setup in Vmix. I have most of my keys setup including recording and streaming. But on the streaming side, we have a YouTube Stream and a FaceBook and sometimes we only stream to one of them. When I press the key for the YouTube, it blinks red like it is suppose to, but the problem is both the YouTube and FaceBook keys blink red. As it stands unless someone knows something, when you setup the stream to turn the LED on/blink (Activators), you can't tell it to distinguish between Stream 1, Stream or Stream 3. You can distinguish on the shortcut but not the Activators. There is just a StartStream. Is there a way to distinguish each different stream. The way it is not if I wanted to Stream to Facebook and someone else comes along they will see both Facebook and Youtube blinking red and think that I am streaming to both.

I have asked this twice on the Vmix FaceBook group. I have sent this to Vmix twice on their contact technical support page. I have yet to get any type of answer. Not even a let us look in to this. Getting bummed by this. If there isn't a way, then this should be in a the queue to get fixed to differentiate between multiple streams.
Harpert  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 3:59:41 AM(UTC)
Harpert

Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kclark Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting my Xkeys setup in Vmix. I have most of my keys setup including recording and streaming. But on the streaming side, we have a YouTube Stream and a FaceBook and sometimes we only stream to one of them. When I press the key for the YouTube, it blinks red like it is suppose to, but the problem is both the YouTube and FaceBook keys blink red. As it stands unless someone knows something, when you setup the stream to turn the LED on/blink (Activators), you can't tell it to distinguish between Stream 1, Stream or Stream 3. You can distinguish on the shortcut but not the Activators. There is just a StartStream. Is there a way to distinguish each different stream. The way it is not if I wanted to Stream to Facebook and someone else comes along they will see both Facebook and Youtube blinking red and think that I am streaming to both.

I have asked this twice on the Vmix FaceBook group. I have sent this to Vmix twice on their contact technical support page. I have yet to get any type of answer. Not even a let us look in to this. Getting bummed by this. If there isn't a way, then this should be in a the queue to get fixed to differentiate between multiple streams.

There are no arguments when you use the "STREAM" activator.
would there be an extra argument, like "1" "2" "3" the system should be able to distinguish between the different streams.

Maybe you could ask the programmers to implement it, but for the moment it seems that your wish is not possible

Harpert
kclark  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:17:25 AM(UTC)
kclark

United States

How do I ask to get it implemented. I'm really surprised that it hasn't been brought up before.

Originally Posted by: Harpert Go to Quoted Post

There are no arguments when you use the "STREAM" activator.
would there be an extra argument, like "1" "2" "3" the system should be able to distinguish between the different streams.

Maybe you could ask the programmers to implement it, but for the moment it seems that your wish is not possible

Harpert