logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rumainakoob  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 7:40:52 PM(UTC)
rumainakoob

Groups: Registered
South Africa

Hi All

This is my first discussion.

I currently have a VMIX Pro account. I am using VB Audio Virtual Cable as well as NDI Virtual Input to transfer the audio and music from Vmix to Zoom. We also have a Zoom Pro account as well.

When I play music on Vmix, it seems to output perfect but when I hear the music on Zoom from another computer, the music sometimes drops and there is also audio distortion and white noise that will play randomly.

Can anyone please help me. I am willing to even do a call.

Rumain Akoob
Vince Beck  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:53:34 AM(UTC)
Vince Beck

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Did you check the "use original audio" setting? You might also have to play with the noise reduction and auto gain settings in Zoom.
Harpert  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:05:11 AM(UTC)
Harpert

Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rumainakoob Go to Quoted Post
Hi All

This is my first discussion.

I currently have a VMIX Pro account. I am using VB Audio Virtual Cable as well as NDI Virtual Input to transfer the audio and music from Vmix to Zoom. We also have a Zoom Pro account as well.

When I play music on Vmix, it seems to output perfect but when I hear the music on Zoom from another computer, the music sometimes drops and there is also audio distortion and white noise that will play randomly.

Can anyone please help me. I am willing to even do a call.

Rumain Akoob

Zoom, like Teams use a "noice threshold" to make sure background noice is filtered out when in a meeting (using a microphone)
The level of your audio is too low or the music sounds too much "monotone" Zoom / Teams than tries to filter it out.

In the AUDIO settings (advanced) for both Zoom and Teams, you can switch Off that threshold.

NDI should also include the Audio, you should not need the Virtual Cable (if Audio is assigned to the NDI signal)

Harpert
Jane Osborn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:01:34 AM(UTC)
Jane Osborn

United States

We are having the same problem. We are using origional sound on zoom with high fidelity option and the lowest echo cancellation it will allow. We are also connected from vMix to Zoom via NDI. We had this problem on zoom before using vMix. We upgraded our computer and started using vMix and the noise (sounds like compression) went away entirely. About 4 weeks ago it returned. Every time we use the piano which is micd xlr to sound board into computer via USB- or sometimes music videos, we get the noise randomly. I have looked at all audio settings in windows and zoom, but no relief. It would be great if someone has an answer or an avenue to look.
Jane